Rating - 100%
1   0   0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I tell you what you can do as well

Or does it only go one way?
We understand you have your perspective, but in this case, what we're discussing involves ethics that are universally understood as right and wrong. We've shared our view based on that understanding. It's not about who can tell whom what to do; it's about recognizing what aligns with universally accepted norms. Your viewpoint doesn't align with that.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I tell you what you can do as well

Or does it only go one way?

pocahontas-disney-3834854245.gif
Oh I’m always open to suggestions. I can choose to follow them or not. But if I’m going to bother to post questions on a reef forum it’s going to be because I want to take time to consider all of the answers I get whether they align with what I thought I wanted to do or not. If I’m going to do something regardless of the responses I get, I’m not even going to bother to post the question. It’s a waste of my time and the forum’s.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a yellow tang

And a blue tang

Today

Still boxed, in the kitchen

They are going in the Red Sea 170 today

#FTTP
#ATCAB

The trolls are those people who think they can tell me what fish I get. Or what I do with them
Honestly, we give you advice - you take it or you leave it. It’s not our fault when you get others coming at you for doing a stupid decision as we all advise against it.
The Blue tang alone can easily get to 1 foot in length under proper care. Yes it takes 4-5 years before it’s close to that size but it’s not a permanent solution to throw it into a RS 170. I mean I have a RS S-700 and even then I wouldn’t throw a tang in there unless I only had 3-4 other fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’m always open to suggestions. I can choose to follow them or not. But if I’m going to bother to post questions on a reef forum it’s going to be because I want to take time to consider all of the answers I get whether they align with what I thought I wanted to do or not. If I’m going to do something regardless of the responses I get, I’m not even going to bother to post the question. It’s a waste of my time and the forum’s.
I definitely agree with this - I don’t always post a specific one and instead ask questions in similar posts (like when I was considering Pencil Wrasses I asked in the Wrasse Lovers Thread - I now have 2 happy guys).
But if you take the time to ask a question you’ll consider all the answers and not just the ones you want to have.

We’ve all put fish that are too large long term into smaller tanks - I use my nano as a growout for my main tank. But if you plan to do that, always have a backup plan for WHEN things go wrong and not IF.

Solo McReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, we give you advice - you take it or you leave it. It’s not our fault when you get others coming at you for doing a stupid decision as we all advise against it.
The Blue tang alone can easily get to 1 foot in length under proper care. Yes it takes 4-5 years before it’s close to that size but it’s not a permanent solution to throw it into a RS 170. I mean I have a RS S-700 and even then I wouldn’t throw a tang in there unless I only had 3-4 other fish.
I haven't call you names

If the posters who I put on ignore yesterday, were just giving helpful "advise" they wouldn't be on ignore right now

They do get to 12+ inches, which is one of my points. Putting one it in a RS 700 or whatever will cause it to be stunted it to 5 inches. Unless you have a 25,000 gallon tank where it can get to full natural size, all other smaller tanks, that stunt them, are essentially equal

All of the self righteous TP owners, with 100 or 300 gallon systems, are equally "ethically" the same as everyone else who has stunted tangs

Who said the RS 170 was a "permanent solution"? Didn't come from me, did it

[BTW, the blue tang is like 18mm long, she's so cute]

If I want "advise", I will ask for it, btw. And I do still ask for it. Being TP is not just offering helpful advise, you know that

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do get to 12+ inches, which is one of my points. Putting one it in a RS 700 or whatever will cause it to be stunted it to 5 inches. Unless you have a 25,000 gallon tank where it can get to full natural size, all other smaller tanks, that stunt them, are essentially equal
This is just blatantly untrue. where are you getting this information from? oh right you're pulling it out of your butt lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't call you names

If the posters who I put on ignore yesterday, were just giving helpful "advise" they wouldn't be on ignore right now

All of the self righteous TP owners, with 100 or 300 gallon systems, are equally "ethically" the same as everyone else who has stunted tangs

Who said the RS 170 was a "permanent solution"? Didn't come from me, did it

[BTW, the blue tang is like 18mm long, she's so cute]

If I want "advise", I will ask for it, btw. And I do still ask for it. Being TP is not just offering helpful advise, you know that
If I’m honest, you don’t need a 25,000G tank for fish to get full size - Blue Tangs will get to full size in 6-8 foot tanks.

If you plan to upgrade the RS 170 - why not have waited until then to get these tangs?

As for the posters you’ve put on ignore - I’ve read what they’ve been saying and they were advising you that it’s a bad idea as well as saying that what you said was incorrect. Which by the way it really is - A tang in a RS S-700 isn’t going to be stunted and will get to 12 inches in length. I work around a purple that is the size of a dinner plate which was grown in a tank smaller than my main display.

The reality is until you watch a tang zoom around a 4’ tank you will assume you’re not doing a bad thing. These fish don’t just get big but are active. They will constantly swim round even a 25,000G tank and rarely stop.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want the tangs for algae control in the 170. Will get a Scopas tang if I can find one small enough, ugly fish

The 170 is just the grow out tank

They are going in the Elos 120XL when they are bigger. Is 130 gallons big enough for the Tang Police? I doubt it. It is big enough for the tangs, though
The issue is, tangs don’t really care about total water volume and instead swim room, you’re looking at tangs that really do need 6 feet of swimming room.

Also I recommend avoiding scopas tangs - I’ve had them murder a lot. I’ve yet to have success with them personally.

I didn't ask for their "advice"

They don't have a say over what I do with my fish. And they sure seemed to think they did, that needs adjustment
If I’m honest, you may not have asked for it however you do need it. I mean, how long do you plan to keep those tangs in that tank for? How much do you actually know about those 2 tangs?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
t's my business what I do with the fish

If I want to throw them in a cast iron skillet with butter, and eat them with a rice pilaf or polenta, and lemon. Or put them in a 35 gallon tank

That is for me to decide,
You sound like a little spoiled brat, mummy never told you no now you think you have the right to do anything and everything. you're just an animal abuser. I don't care anymore you don't listen to reason or logic, just a spoiled man child abusing animals because you can. you make me sick.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be your decision however you shouldn’t consider just 1 opinion and consider everyone’s before you do it.
There’s people with more experience than you that may have done it before and realised it was a bad idea. I have had tiny tangs in tanks under 50G and what I’ll say is it was the worst idea ever. They get big fast under proper care and very quickly outgrow those tanks.

I mean, I’m at a point that none of my tanks have tangs as I feel they get too boisterous and active for my systems. I’ve seen convicts at 3-4 inches that swim from one end to the other in just a few seconds when in 3-4 feet tanks. Imagine that but with a much more active Paracanthurus - I mean even Zebrasoma are highly active.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we still wasting our breath here? The purpose of the original post was to flame the forum. He was always going to temporarily house them in the smaller tank. I don’t like to see it done in most situations for the reasons I stated earlier. But this dude was obviously trolling from the jump. Hopefully he’s hit the ignore button for all active members now lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we still wasting our breath here? The purpose of the original post was to flame the forum. He was always going to temporarily house them in the smaller tank. I don’t like to see it done in most situations for the reasons I stated earlier. But this dude was obviously trolling from the jump. Hopefully he’s hit the ignore button for all active members now lol.
Hopefully!

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 73 27.1%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 117 43.5%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 65 24.2%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 14 5.2%
Back