The Ecotech pump clones have arrived in Ali Express !!!

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they told me they were 30 days out which would have been the end of October. But just got notification they just shipped. I won’t be able to post much about them as my tank is still dry.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup 1-20 last night in my RS170 and let it run in manual mode overnight.
Mine is quiet and I think I will remove the other Jebao ow-25 today and let the 1-20 run on its own for awhile. I may add the other one in a few days.
My RS170 has about 20lbs of live rock and is almost 2 months old.
It has 8 Trochus snails and I just put in 2 bubble tip nems yesterday. I wanted one but they had 2 attatched to the same rock so I have 2.
Both are around 5-6".
I have a maroon clown in my 170 that I plan to put in with the nems.

I have never owned an mp so no input there.
Overall the unit should work well in this system. It has plenty of power compaired to the ow-25.

When the lights come on today I will download the app and get a video of it running with some pics.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be the only unlucky one with the noisy DMP-20.
Mine was noisy but I did not have it put together right after I took it apart. Once I got it together right it was fine.
I think I will get the app going and drop the other 20 in and see if its quiet too.
I have a 50/50 chance now, lol!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I decided to move the 20 to the other side of the center overflow.
When I moved from left side to right the pump now flows in reverse, WT.
If I put it back on the left its back to pushing water. Right side pulling.
Any ideas? Makes no sense.
Other than that is quiet and moves alot of water at the 30% min.
20241007_135337.jpg
20241007_135329.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to sound dumb, but are sure it's actually spinning backwards, and not an optical illusion based on the tank lights (the same way wagon wheels appear to be going backwards in movies)? At certain speeds, the shimmer effect of my halides makes the propellers appear to be going backwards on some of my other wavemakers.

ros3to

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000009536.jpg
got home and I thought someone randomly dropped a kilo or something on my front deck. Lol
It was my pump! Got it set up and going this thing moves some water at its lowest setting I tell ya!
This thing is super quiet I have to really get my ear right next to it to hear it, best of all it only took like 10 secs of moving it around to get it there!
Loving it so far will likely place an order for a smaller one this one I got is the 30

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wetside is 1" from a 4×4 post. Not sure why but it causes the pump to spin backward. Move it away and its fine.
Im going to run it for several weeks. I will run the ow-25 on the other side for now.
Pic of the post.
Not trying to sound dumb, but are sure it's actually spinning backwards, and not an optical illusion based on the tank lights (the same way wagon wheels appear to be going backwards in movies)? At certain speeds, the shimmer effect of my halides makes the propellers appear to be going backwards on some of my other wavemakers.
No its strange. If I put my fingers on the front there is suction and they will stick. Visible water flow from the sides also.

Anyway I figured it out. New house to me but magnets stick to the post, lol.
It does cause the propeller to spin backwards.

Mine makes about as much noise as the ow-25, not much, imo.

So I will run both on this system and compair.

Attachments

• 20241007_141049.jpg
    20241007_141049.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 6

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wetside is 1" from a 4×4 post. Not sure why but it causes the pump to spin backward. Move it away and its fine.
Im going to run it for several weeks. I will run the ow-25 on the other side for now.
Pic of the post.

No its strange. If I put my fingers on the front there is suction and they will stick. Visible water flow from the sides also.

Anyway I figured it out. New house to me but magnets stick to the post, lol.
It does cause the propeller to spin backwards.

Mine makes about as much noise as the ow-25, not much, imo.

So I will run both on this system and compair.
Can you post a Youtube video really close to the pump, like an inch, so I can compare with mine ? I want to hear what everyone is hearing.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a Youtube video really close to the pump, like an inch, so I can compare with mine ? I want to hear what everyone is hearing.
I turned all off. I can hear it about 1' from the glass. If I put my ear to the glass I can hear a hum like all powerheads.
I sit 3' away, pic, in a recliner and cant hear it at all when everything else is off in the system.
I can move them out of alignment and they get loud. Make sure all the suction cups all engaged so no movement occurs.
20241007_160316.jpg

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received my DMP-10 today and installed. First impressions: I like the suction cups. They do a good job of securing the wet and dry sides. One nice thing is that the wet side can be removed from the suction cup for cleaning, and then reinserted, allowing the position to remain constant. The DMP-10 is very close in size to the Vortech MP10. Nice not seeing a larger wavemaker sitting in the tank, and no cord. Third, adjusting the wet/dry sides is very much like the Ecotech. What worked best for me was to place the pump in constant mode at 100% so I could hear the vibrations. Once placement adjusted, I really don't hear the pump at all. I am running mode M4 (random) at 90% max with alternating current of 60. The controller allows you to select 5 modes, and set the alternating current strength (think wave mode here and pause in between pulses). The DMP-10 is no louder than an MP10 when it is pulsing. I am not using the app, running solely from the controller. No need for app control in my opinion.

Here are some readings from a free decibel meter app on my iPhone:

Reading in the room:
IMG_2199[1].PNG

Reading with my iPhone held next to the dry side running at 100%
IMG_2198[1].PNG

I thought this was humorous. Warranty is void if the sticker is broken. Good thing there are four other sides of the box you can cut through so not to damage the sticker.

IMG_2203[1].PNG

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back