Ugliest corals

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, brown palys round it out at number 1 for ugliest coral. They’re toxic, ugly and more of a nuisance. But I still see LFS selling them and people buying them. Some leathers can look kind of ugh as well.

Do you keep any uglies? Let’s see pics! This is my mushroom I got from a LFS. No idea what it is. It split and now I’ve got two. Looks ok in pics but a brown dot from a distance.

A99C28AF-A92D-4C91-BE85-A0BF9193B347.jpeg

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brown palys I have are not that bad.. under blue light they look a really cool bright orange
I’ve seen some for sale that look like brown aiptaisa. ;Vomit

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, brown palys round it out at number 1 for ugliest coral. They’re toxic, ugly and more of a nuisance. But I still see LFS selling them and people buying them. Some leathers can look kind of ugh as well.

Do you keep any uglies? Let’s see pics! This is my mushroom I got from a LFS. No idea what it is. It split and now I’ve got two. Looks ok in pics but a brown dot from a distance.

A99C28AF-A92D-4C91-BE85-A0BF9193B347.jpeg

That looks like a red rhodactis mushroom. If that looks Brown in your tank there is something wrong or your eyes are bad :)

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a red rhodactis mushroom. If that looks Brown in your tank there is something wrong or your eyes are bad :)
Actually it’s more orange but from afar it does appear brown.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Softies. Not all, but most. Never really got into acans or candy canes either
Softies are so different from species to species. They bring on many different looks and care. For example a toadstool vs a carnation. A zoa vs a ricordea.

Candy canes, I can totally see.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some are pretty.. Some are huge colonies and they just look like a big piece of rubber..
I find sea fans, gorgonia to be absolutely beautiful. They come in many different colors. I also, like pulsating xenia. I know they can grow to nuisance levels, they are still nice on their own however. I guarantee if these grew much slow slower, had a low survival rate and were hard to find, they’d be one of the most sought after corals.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided that my fish will dictate which corals I can keep, for me the fish are the main attraction to the hobby but I still love corals. I bet they destroy the pretty ones and leave my with a tank full of *****’s lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER HAVING A FOWLR TANK? WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FIRST FISH?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No...

• I already have one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did have one, but I don't anymore...

• Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back