Ugliest corals

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
condylactis anemones. They look like an over grown aptasia, although I’ve seen some purple & pinkish ones, they just look like a pest & clown fish tend to hate them too. Technically, it’s an invert.

Hypnotoad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most soft corals kinda weird/gross me out, especially pink/peach/tan ones. A tank full of leathers, toadstools and what not with light that’s too white looks reminds me of like... a grandma’s bathroom with pink tile and a carpeted beige toilet.

Jared's Little Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some ugly brownish yellow palythoas

Protopalythoa_2.jpg

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find sea fans, gorgonia to be absolutely beautiful. They come in many different colors. I also, like pulsating xenia. I know they can grow to nuisance levels, they are still nice on their own however. I guarantee if these grew much slow slower, had a low survival rate and were hard to find, they’d be one of the most sought after corals.
Supply and demand ;)

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most soft corals kinda weird/gross me out, especially pink/peach/tan ones. A tank full of leathers, toadstools and what not with light that’s too white looks reminds me of like... a grandma’s bathroom with pink tile and a carpeted beige toilet.
Toadstools are BEAUTIFUL. Why am I the only one that likes flesh color?

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh..... I think bubble mushrooms look kinda gross.... The first time I saw one was at a coral show and I recoiled because I thought the bubbles was remaining flesh and the other places was where it sloughed off. I think I asked something to the effect of where that was the coral version of leprosy.... God... the look on the sellers face! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious Especially since he pulled it out thinking I would be oohing and ahhing over it. I can tell what's going on with them now, so I've come around a bit, but I don't think I'll ever get that initial reaction out of my head!
I thought I was the only one who found bounce mushrooms creepy! ;Smuggrin

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't own it as I feel it is ugly, but the Snake Polyp Coral would be at the top of my list. But I do tend to agree there are no true "ugly" corals, just different shades of beauty.

1565286986778.png

I kinda like them got a colony of the green ones as a centre piece in my tank, just like how unusual they look like.

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, sps frags are ugly, like all baby birds are ugly. You all know you agree with me. Grow those frags and then show them off. Until then, keep them away from public eye.
People will hate me for saying this, but I loateh
Softies, they look like fake coral decorations. Nothing personal, I just think they look awful.
ouch.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I forgot about cabbage corals, but some of those are pretty ugly.

Myst3ry_sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2735.jpg

This brain coral is the ugliest in my tank at the moment. Hopefully it’ll become a masterpiece when it start to grow

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WOULD YOU EVER CONSIDER HAVING A FOWLR TANK? WHAT WOULD BE YOUR FIRST FISH?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No...

• I already have one!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did have one, but I don't anymore...

• Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back