What is your Most desired fish if Hawaii Ban is lifted?

Bitis Botanical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mother in law bought a Biota baby after her wild yellow died and she absolutely loves it.

Screenshot_20240618_210755_Facebook.jpg

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't be more wrong. It is about the coloration for most people. A tank bred vs wild is MASSIVELY different in coloration. The wild are bright and vibrant. The tank bred are almost always a pale yellow. I've yet to see one even comparable to a wild.

And NO. The fish you get from Biota DO NOT look like their pictures. At all. I've seen dozens upon dozens of them from Biota and they are all pale yellow. Even 6+ months later.

You sure? IMO, you couldn’t be more wrong.

Wrong. There is a difference and it’s obvious to people in the know

Wrong.

IMG_5823.jpeg

IMG_5818.jpeg

Last edited:

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You sure? IMO, you couldn’t be more wrong.

Wrong.

IMG_5823.jpeg

IMG_5818.jpeg

You have ZERO proof those are tank bred yellow tangs. Meanwhile I’ve seen dozens of shipments of them all come in pale. And multiple in a display for over a year and still pale compared to wild yellows.

Good try.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have ZERO proof those are tank bred yellow tangs. Meanwhile I’ve seen dozens of shipments of them all come in pale. And multiple in a display for over a year and still pale compared to wild yellows.

Good try.
These are literally my own fish that I bought directly from Biota lol. Wuttt???

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fish but;

<- Profile pic

Its been i think 9 years since I had hawaiian varient of harlequin shrimp, they're stunning in person when you can see the tint of orange and yellow on their bodies.

Indo-Pacific harlequins were successfully bred, sadly didn't work out with the pair of hawaiians that were managed to be obtained. Getting them and getting them cheaper would be wonderful.

1718767524726.png

Last edited:

corosato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong. There is a difference and it’s obvious to people in the kno

Good try.

Take a step back from the interwebs and breathe my dude

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am just saying this is an Internet forum and a question about a fish you would like to see importable again and you are choosing to seem angry over a fish no one is forcing you to buy.
You should probably just stop saying. You know what they say about assuming. I’m far from angry.

It’s ok to have a discussion about Hawaiian fish and how the tank raised aren’t nearly as good as the wild.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not your dude. I'm just telling him that he's wrong in my experience.
You’re telling me that I don’t know if my fish are secretly wild caught when I bought directly from Biota? Shows you literally can’t tell the difference.

Just because you have zero clue what you’re talking about besides “I saw some captive bread in a stock tank that were transparent”, doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You’re telling me that I don’t know if my fish are secretly wild caught when I bought directly from Biota? Shows you literally can’t tell the difference.

Just because you have zero clue what you’re talking about besides “I saw some captive bread in a stock tank that were transparent”, doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about.

I can claim I have 100 billion in the bank. That doesn’t make it true. You can’t prove the lineage of your tangs.

I know what I’ve seen. Many other people have mentioned it here too. Biota yellow tangs are dull. Many have defects or issues. Those are facts.

But hey. Keep trying to stir the pot.

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can claim I have 100 billion in the bank. That doesn’t make it true. You can’t prove the lineage of your tangs.

I know what I’ve seen. Many other people have mentioned it here too. Biota yellow tangs are dull. Many have defects or issues. Those are facts.

But hey. Keep trying to stir the pot.

So are you saying Biota sent me wild caught Yellow Tangs when I ordered directly on their site and paid them $165 each plus shipping? That’s some crazy conspiracy dude. Do you also think the earth is flat?

FYI, mine were the smallest they sell, so they also came originally semi transparent (as is the case for very young juveniles in the ocean you would never see because they never catch them that small). Their first few batches had HLLE problems, yes, but as they kept developing their process, they’ve perfected breeding them. Their last 2 years of yellow tang batches have been perfect specimens.

But keep thinking you know more about the actual fish than everyone who actually owns them and keep being mad at the world for whatever reason. You must be really fun at parties. Just simply never purchase from Biota and keep it moving. I’m sure you love pot stirring.. too bad this time it completely back fired on you.

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_5835.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably just stop saying. You know what they say about assuming. I’m far from angry.

It’s ok to have a discussion about Hawaiian fish and how the tank raised aren’t nearly as good as the wild.
You fooled me.
@buruskeee got you with post #179. We all know this including you.
:):):)

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • My coral

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back