00W's AIO Smorgasbord

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_20240430_183937568.jpg
IMG_20240430_183808894.jpg
IMG_20240430_183954912.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does my other golden (Lillys son), he makes so much noise. He barks, snores, and even starts kicking his legs. He must have some rough nightmares lol.
I loved my golden, he was the runt of the litter. My brother and sister inlaw had his brother and we got them together to play all the time. His brother towered over him for the first six to seven months and then he exploded in growth. 125 lbs! The vet said often the runt often becomes the largest because the get pushed away from the mother. They become upsessed with food and during their growth stage eat way more. He died of cancer at 7 yo. Wasn’t even a smoker. 3 days before Christmas and my kids were devastated. A Bernese mountain dog puppy showed up under the Christmas tree.
CFFDE1A9-E8B7-499B-8E98-88262417EA21.jpeg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my golden, he was the runt of the litter. My brother and sister inlaw had his brother and we got them together to play all the time. His brother towered over him for the first six to seven months and then he exploded in growth. 125 lbs! The vet said often the runt often becomes the largest because the get pushed away from the mother. They become upsessed with food and during their growth stage eat way more. He died of cancer at 7 yo. Wasn’t even a smoker. 3 days before Christmas and my lids were devastated. A Bernese mountain dog puppy showed up under the Christmas tree.
I am so sorry for your loss. Goldens are really amazing. I also love Bernese Mountain dogs! They are beautiful. A few years back my neighbor had one, and unfortunately he passed but a few months later he got another one... no surprise, they are beautiful! Another one of my friends got one, and it ran away and crossed multiple extremely busy intersections and highways, and by some miracle after 4 days of endless searching, we found him.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I loved my golden, he was the runt of the litter. My brother and sister inlaw had his brother and we got them together to play all the time. His brother towered over him for the first six to seven months and then he exploded in growth. 125 lbs! The vet said often the runt often becomes the largest because the get pushed away from the mother. They become upsessed with food and during their growth stage eat way more. He died of cancer at 7 yo. Wasn’t even a smoker. 3 days before Christmas and my kids were devastated. A Bernese mountain dog puppy showed up under the Christmas tree.
I had a Golden mixed with coyote (maybe) and stray dog dad. She died at 6 from cancer. Had a English Shorthair Pointer die at 8 (6 months later). We started researching and found out it was likely the dog food. 2 years later my in-laws lost 3 dogs to cancer. We've been feeding raw chicken for several years now. Our dogs are happy and healthy!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am so sorry for your loss. Goldens are really amazing. I also love Bernese Mountain dogs! They are beautiful. A few years back my neighbor had one, and unfortunately he passed but a few months later he got another one... no surprise, they are beautiful! Another one of my friends got one, and it ran away and crossed multiple extremely busy intersections and highways, and by some miracle after 4 days of endless searching, we found him.
I keep trying to ask my wife for one... She doesn't like the idea of a dog that only lives 9 years max, poops Subway footlongs, and eats 2 pounds of chicken a day.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Golden mixed with coyote (maybe) and stray dog dad. She died at 6 from cancer. Had a English Shorthair Pointer die at 8 (6 months later). We started researching and found out it was likely the dog food. 2 years later my in-laws lost 3 dogs to cancer. We've been feeding raw chicken for several years now. Our dogs are happy and healthy!
We feed homemade food now also!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep trying to ask my wife for one... She doesn't like the idea of a dog that only lives 9 years max, poops Subway footlongs, and eats 2 pounds of chicken a day.
Yeah, lol. I definitely would get one, but the fact that they typically live from 6 - 8 years is why I don't get one. It's just too short! They are really beautiful. I also wish I could get a St. Bernard, but it's the slobber and also the short lifespan that gets me.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Bernese they have a saying, 3 years a young dog, 3 years a good dog, 3 years an old dog and any year after that is a blessing from god! The first time I was in the hospital for over a month, when I got home my wife put the dog behind a gate so I could sit down, she didn’t want him to knock me over, I had a lot of neurological problems. We have a video of him when he first sees me. It is like when our military people come home. I’ll have to see if I can figure out how to post it. Brings tears to my eyes!

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back