Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240429_185435.jpg
#1 Pretty white.
20240429_185605.jpg
#2 Little more of a windex look, which I don't really like but looks OK?
What do y'all think?
I like the blue more

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Roids but I struggle to have detectable phosphates so it works for my tank. Lots of people say it raises phosphates in their tanks.
Thank you. As you and Luis thinks it has impact for nitrate and phosphate, it is a no go for me. I put yesterday tropic elimi rapid to reduce 30ppm, this morning only 3ppm reduction from 44 to 41.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am awake making coffee,, came home yesterday morn after work, did yard work, added a aquamaxx gfo reactor to the sump, cleaned the sump and rearranged things. Have to finish the felt/sponge rack for chamber 1. Which I will also add carbon to once in a while. Took out the carbon reactor to save electric and make room and also save time in cleaning and changing out carbon.Will be easier to just add carbon in net bag and place in felt/sponge rack. So I worked all night and day, made a bourbon around 4pm and sat watched tank. Passed out at some time, girl woke me at 9pm and went to sleep, just woke up...It was a long work week. Today gym chest day and then plant some flowers in the backyard for the girl...oooh coffee done be right back...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe have the lights start out windex blue to give them the violet spectrum early in the morning and then switch to the color you like to view the tank and then ramp down to the blue side of things at night...I know you know too much white,red and green can grow algae...I am still tinkering with my 4 radions and 3 kessils...I lean to 100% blue first 2 hours kessils only. then radions come on blue for 2 hr, from, there 4 hours of white blue,no red or green, at higher intensity and then the ramp down...so 7am to 9pm... I do like white look in the 300 but girl does not like that her zoa gardens dont GLOW....hahaha

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heading to the cardiologist then home to celebrate my wonderful hubby's birthday with him. Super busy day at work again today and I'm feeling so guilty about leaving my coworkers for the new job when they are already short handed...
CHEERS...Coffee cup raised !!!!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. As you and Luis thinks it has impact for nitrate and phosphate, it is a no go for me. I put yesterday tropic elimi rapid to reduce 30ppm, this morning only 3ppm reduction from 44 to 41.
I read that Benipets does not raise phosphate, I’m going to try that next.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's another reason I have been hesitant to glue I like being able to move thing but at the same time I don't have enough tight places to stick them in that will hold them.
you can always get a drill with a concrete bit and carfully drill holes into the dry rock so you can play battle ship (hahah that was a good game) with the plugs if you keep frags on the plugs...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started this hobby but I have been hearing stories of someone who made the best fish food in Miami and now he is back making it and I recently contacted him and he sent me 3 packages today. I will be testing it these days and I will let you know.
1000088652.jpg
awesome. We have been making food(all human grade seafood) too since our batches when done make about 10 pounds we are givig it away to members of our frag group for research and delvelopment. So far all are happy including local fish stores. My girl is graphic and her co do all the packaging...soon it will be in a store here.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have anything to do with nitrates and phosphates? I use reef roid and I have seen good growth and good coloration in the corals but at the same time I have been fighting with the increase in nitrates and phosphates
It doesn’t seem to, I just use twice a week.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome. We have been making food(all human grade seafood) too since our batches when done make about 10 pounds we are givig it away to members of our frag group for research and delvelopment. So far all are happy including local fish stores. My girl is graphic and her co do all the packaging...soon it will be in a store here.
If you plan to have shipping, let me know.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan to have shipping, let me know.
yes we will ship. My girl co does anything and everything that you can think of that you can print on including car/vans etc. SO they have people to set up website for pay and ship for me...For now we are not doing it...LPS really respond to it...our tangs love it cause we mix nori in

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back