☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Blue Ghost Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved mine last night, and of course the blue ghost fell off and had to re-glued :face-with-rolling-eyes: ,,,so we will see if it helps or....
Its was at 450 par but no PE and no growth to speak of. Only thing I could think was needed more flow. So moved the whole lot. Ive got all three from the contest on the rock. Banzai was only one with any PE after the move last night 15 min later the Banzai had more PE so hopefully they will like there new spot :)

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec pic

@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Alk 8.7
Ca 500
Mag 1280
Nit 6.0
Phos .12
Ph 8.2-8.4
temp 78-79
Salt 36

20231213_155551(1).jpg

Last edited:

Jay6363

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I moved mine last night, and of course the blue ghost fell off and had to re-glued :face-with-rolling-eyes: ,,,so we will see if it helps or....
Its was at 450 par but no PE and no growth to speak of. Only thing I could think was needed more flow. So moved the whole lot. Ive got all three from the contest on the rock. Banzai was only one with any PE after the move last night 15 min later the Banzai had more PE so hopefully they will like there new spot :)
I had my BGs with the bonsai and HTMM @ around 300 par, and only the bonsai seemed happy. My BGs, both original and replacement, are way down on the sandbed @ 150ish par now. My original BG is showing some PE, and the replacement is still completely closed up but I think it's still alive. I also moved my HTMM way off to the side and at about 180-200 par to try to regain some color.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know my par but mine are sitting about 6-8 inches below the surface of two 250W halides (about 18 inches from the surface) and getting great polyp extension on everyone but HTTM. HTTM is showing moderate polyp extension.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer
Had to take evasive measures. Not sure what the rule is when this happens. Had to frag my frag. It was slowly loosing tissue from the base up. I hope this documentation is sufficient to allow me to continue to play. Measurement taken today 12/16 after fragging and reattachment.
20231216_143646.jpg

20231216_143814.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe there are any specific rules. I believe as long as it’s alive, you’re still in

polo1126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annnnd I’m out as well @StatelineReefer. Initially the frag was looking ok, but over the last month I noticed it was slowly receding at the base. The recession continued to progress so I made the decision to frag my frag about a week ago. The frag finally ran overnight. Best of luck to all those still in this one! Can’t wait to see what you all do with this coral

IMG_6464.jpeg

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey guys, I am really bummed to see some of ghost frags struggling like this. ill confess I am kind of stumped. the ghost has alway been one of those hardier and way less finicky acros for me. I mean I have acros that I constantly worry about, but the ghost is is one of those that way on the other side of that sentiment.

I'm not sure exactly what I can do differently, but I very much want to try. can we get a tally of everyone who has lost their ghost frag, and we'll start there.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, I am really bummed to see some of ghost frags struggling like this. ill confess I am kind of stumped. the ghost has alway been one of those hardier and way less finicky acros for me. I mean I have acros that I constantly worry about, but the ghost is is one of those that way on the other side of that sentiment.

I'm not sure exactly what I can do differently, but I very much want to try. can we get a tally of everyone who has lost their ghost frag, and we'll start there.

All mine melted away, part of why I didn't bother posting in here again. The skeletons now belong to my pistol shrimp, at least he is happy lol

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my contest frag and the backup frag that shipped in my box have melted. All 7 of the other frags are doing fine.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You want it here in the thread?

Mines gone.
But the bonsai is doing well

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Mine is holding in there for now. I swapped tanks and had a bit of a spike and lost several acros, but the ghost stuck through it. It definitely isn’t happy yet, but it’s hanging on. Seems pretty hardy to me so far. I just hope it can pull through another couple weeks while things settle and I get an actual light on the tank.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back