☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Blue Ghost Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like mine has died, i had to go out of town, came home to a tank that stank like crap, 3 dead fish, with there bodies spread out over the tank and fish guts everywhere. So, the piece is complete white, So it still in the tank, but not sure there is hope.....

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, I am really bummed to see some of ghost frags struggling like this. ill confess I am kind of stumped. the ghost has alway been one of those hardier and way less finicky acros for me. I mean I have acros that I constantly worry about, but the ghost is is one of those that way on the other side of that sentiment.

I'm not sure exactly what I can do differently, but I very much want to try. can we get a tally of everyone who has lost their ghost frag, and we'll start there.
I'm out and all the others are doing great. It happens.

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Month 2 update. I've moved the frags to the spots that I thought they'd do best based on their reactions to the PAR while on the frag rack. So far, it looks like I put them in the correct spots :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

My OG Blue Ghost (v1 pic) continues to recover- it's starting to get some green now and showing modest PE. My replacement Blue Ghost (v2 pic) hasn't bleached nor lost all its flesh, so *maybe* there's still hope for that one too. The PC Rainbow next to my Blue Ghost frags is starting to encrust out, so I need to keep an eye on it to ensure they all don't go to war and stunt the growth.

For this month's ICP test, I've finally got all the Moonshiners chemicals in, plus mud and vitamins. I've also got the RO-DI filter upgrade to help remove the silicates- you can see a massive improvement from the quoted 1-month update post below. Not pictured but also helping out is a newly purchased and installed (after I had sent the ICP test off, unfortunately) Vecton Titan 850 UV in-line with my return pump.

Finally, I've got fish in the system after going fallow for 4 months after I lost all my previous fish to disease, so I'm happy to have some movement back in the tank!

Month 2 Blue Ghost v1.png

Month 2 Blue Ghost v2.png

Month 2 FTS.png

@StatelineReefer @Reefing102@BranchingHammer My original blue ghost seems to maybe be recovering, while my replacement is slowly struggling. Just in case, I took a measurement pic of my original-

@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Month 1 update! 4mm of growth in 3 weeks (25mm Day 0 to 29mm), This is my replacement/v2 Blue Ghost, and it's definitely been the most challenging coral of the 3 for me so far. It looks dead to the naked eye, but as you can see in the zoomed in shot there's still some flesh so I've got my fingers crossed it pulls through. I've also included a current shot of my original/v1 Blue Ghost- something I plan to continue doing until it's absolutely bleached out.

ICP test, apex stats, and FTS attached for anyone curious on my tank stats and frag placement.

Note there's a lot of messed up stuff on the ICP test (Fe and Al especially), and I'm chasing down the culprits. I'm 3 weeks into the Reef Moonshiner's method (just daily dosers so far), and all the correction elements show up tomorrow and I'm excited for that! No vitamins or reef mud yet, I'll probably order those in a month.

I've got my Radion G6 XR15 Blues on full performance of WWC's SPS 1500G tank, and the G6 XR30 Blue in the center is on a 60-day acclimation ramp up to an end goal of ~500 par in the center of the tank @ 12" depth.

I'm still trying to see which of the contest frags like what kind of light in my tank, and I've got some center-aisle spots reserved for them for final placement once I figure out what they like.

I've included a zoomed in shot for fun, and also to really see the flesh, polyp, and coralite health each month.

Month 1 Blue Ghost v2.png

Month 1 Blue Ghost v2 zoom.png

Attachments

• IMG_9800.JPG
    IMG_9800.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9801.jpg
    IMG_9801.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
December submission @StatelineReefer @Reefing102 @BranchingHammer
as discouraged as I was to loose this one, i'm a little relived to see I'm not alone. color never really came out, and it rtn'd overnight a few weeks ago so i'm out on this one.

in the middle on the right row. had 2 others stn over the last month and ICP didn't show anything too crazy so I don't know what happened considering most everything else is looking pretty good.

IMG_1712.JPG

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as discouraged as I was to loose this one, i'm a little relived to see I'm not alone. color never really came out, and it rtn'd overnight a few weeks ago so i'm out on this one.

in the middle on the right row. had 2 others stn over the last month and ICP didn't show anything too crazy so I don't know what happened considering most everything else is looking pretty good.

IMG_1712.JPG
Yea, i was excited and it start out good, went to Tampa for week for work, came back to it bleached, So acros are about to give up on as i have lost alot of them. hahaha

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea, i was excited and it start out good, went to Tampa for week for work, came back to it bleached, So acros are about to give up on as i have lost alot of them. hahaha
I haven’t given up but it is really frustrating when only 1-2 have a problem out of like 50 and I can’t figure out why

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1712.JPG
Ive lost a colony of red dragon about baseball size,(I took bunch of frag when I saw it and they all died also) then the next week the frag I had taken from it a month before RTN ,,,THEN in the last two weeks ive lost 3 frags from blue light specials box I ordered that have been in the tank for 2 months. Ive checked EVERYTHING 3 times all is good. I have 50 other sps in the tank that are dong well so im in same boat. Its sooooooooooo frustrating.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back