1st saltwater tank. New to forum

Gdk414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. My friend Adam told me about this site so here i am! Im 100% new to saltwater and am eager to learn.
I will be using a 44 gal pentagon tank. So far the tank is empty but im looking forward to learning all i can so if anyone has any links or videos lmk.
Im sure i will have more spacific questions as i go.
Thanks
Geoff from Boston

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gdk414

Gdk414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replys!. My plans for the tank are coral and anemones. Maybe seahorses. I want to do it right and i know this can get expensive so its going to be an ongoing hobby. Patience is my friend. Lol

OP
OP
Gdk414

Gdk414

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple freshwater aquariums. So i know about filters etc. Im bored w freshwater and thats why im going for something so complex

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replys!. My plans for the tank are coral and anemones. Maybe seahorses. I want to do it right and i know this can get expensive so its going to be an ongoing hobby. Patience is my friend. Lol
Patience is the most needed thing in this hobby. I always struggle with that lol.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nem tank would be awesome but most people would day anything under 6 months is not suitable for an anemone. Seahorses ate incredible creatures but they are for the more experienced. Id love to see you do a seahorse but i advise by starting off slow amd gaining as much knowledge amd experience as you can with something smaller and easier. Nems would be awesome to but i sugjest gaining all the info you can before hand. If they die in your tank they could nuke you're tank and kill everything. They decay amd produce a lot of ammonia.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back