202 Gallon Diesel Tank.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diesel, why are you getting out bro? What is the bad news you received? PM me man.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see you leave the hobby. You sure had a beautiful tank. According to reef2reef rules and regulations, when a member leaves the hobby they must share all the secrets to their success including “magic Diesel juice”

Thanks for inspiring many of us and sharing so much knowledge over the years!

U

User1

View Badges
Wanted to say the same thing by wishing you well and hoping it is something brighter than unexpected or angst, you know? I enjoyed your thread and help over the various threads I either posted or replied to of yours. I mean heck - you are why I supported the site and have a avatar picture now :) In any case wish you the best.

For what it is worth and completely unknowing of why your tank is down I sort of did my own "the end" moment two weeks back. Was out recklessly driving the back country roads in my Mustang enjoying the sunny day when it sort of hit me. I've not had the change to take it to the track lately due to work and other real life stuff and with two in college I didn't really have enough residual income to spare for some other things I wanted to do. Long story short I slowed her down and drover her to a dealership. Said make me an offer, they did which was above blue book price, then said make me an offer on one of those Explorer sports, they did which again was most excellent, and we shook hands and I parted ways with my HPDE / weekend ride.

Posted on the local forum I'm on some parts for sale, got a bunch of who, what, why, and when emails, and either sold or gave stuff away. I was completely happy, handed the new car over to my wife and said here - you always wanted one I'll drive the Sequoia - we hugged - and that was it. Can't say I grew up, can't say mid life crises, just came to the conclusion that chapter was finished and time to start the next.

No idea - rambling on when all I meant to say is hope all is well and thanks for the thread.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to say the same thing by wishing you well and hoping it is something brighter than unexpected or angst, you know? I enjoyed your thread and help over the various threads I either posted or replied to of yours. I mean heck - you are why I supported the site and have a avatar picture now :) In any case wish you the best.

For what it is worth and completely unknowing of why your tank is down I sort of did my own "the end" moment two weeks back. Was out recklessly driving the back country roads in my Mustang enjoying the sunny day when it sort of hit me. I've not had the change to take it to the track lately due to work and other real life stuff and with two in college I didn't really have enough residual income to spare for some other things I wanted to do. Long story short I slowed her down and drover her to a dealership. Said make me an offer, they did which was above blue book price, then said make me an offer on one of those Explorer sports, they did which again was most excellent, and we shook hands and I parted ways with my HPDE / weekend ride.

Posted on the local forum I'm on some parts for sale, got a bunch of who, what, why, and when emails, and either sold or gave stuff away. I was completely happy, handed the new car over to my wife and said here - you always wanted one I'll drive the Sequoia - we hugged - and that was it. Can't say I grew up, can't say mid life crises, just came to the conclusion that chapter was finished and time to start the next.

No idea - rambling on when all I meant to say is hope all is well and thanks for the thread.

Great story of a real life event, love it.
Mine was bugging my mind for a while.
Had a buyer a few months back for the whole setup, but backed out even he told me after 6 months to keep the down payment.
Two weeks ago my tank was still a award winning setup, now empty it’s still award winning.
Have tank, stand and backsplash up for sale as all other equipment too locally.
But the more I think about the more it hits me that I want only me having the memories of this tank, I might take it if the market and move it to the ranch where the chickens can house it.
I probably will have a hard time to see the historic Diesel tank in someone others house up and running.

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please hang in there and return when you can. In 2015, I was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma cancer. I had all my tanks taken down so my wife would not have to deal with them, should I not make it.

I made it and now have a 75 Gallon up for a year. Just know we will welcome you back when the time is right.
3c0801f85f5afa58bd0f6bee73d8226a.jpg

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please hang in there and return when you can. In 2015, I was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma cancer. I had all my tanks taken down so my wife would not have to deal with them, should I not make it.

I made it and now have a 75 Gallon up for a year. Just know we will welcome you back when the time is right.
3c0801f85f5afa58bd0f6bee73d8226a.jpg

Thank you sir.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big "thank you" to Ben, the Diesel................
Had the chance again to visit him on the weekend and saw the beautiful tank maybe for the last time......... empty but still a beauty of a tank !!!

Bought Ben's skimmer for a friends tank, hope it has some lucky charm influence on his tank ;-)
Ben is a great mentor for me, poked me into the right directions while making me thinking and was helping at the same time.

That being said, I'm one of the lucky persons who could see this tank in person which was or is a great inspiration for a Reef tank owner, which I haven't seen better anywhere honestly yet.

Glad I could get over the years some seedlings from him of some of the most beautiful collector corals in the hobby. The finest signature pieces you did find in the Dieseltank.

Proudly I can say, I have been given the original Diesel frag tools that not many know about, these are awesome ;-) On the other side that was telling me that he likely won't come back to the hobby.........

See below just some of the nicest pieces I could grab a piece of and I still have in my tank in grow out.

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/december-2015-reef-spotlight.225356/

Reef-Spotlight-600x277.jpg

20150711_DSC9266_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9271_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9282_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9283_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9287_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9288_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9294_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9298_BenV-L.jpg

20150711_DSC9305_BenV-L.jpg

DSC_1061-XL.jpg

DSC_1064-XL.jpg

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the chance again to visit him on the weekend and saw the beautiful tank maybe for the last time......... empty but still a beauty of a tank !!!

Bought Ben's skimmer for a friends tank, hope it has some lucky charm influence on his tank ;-)
Ben is a great mentor for me, poked me into the right directions while making me thinking and was helping at the same time.

That being said, I'm one of the lucky persons who could see this tank in person which was or is a great inspiration for a Reef tank owner, which I haven't seen better anywhere honestly yet.

Glad I could get over the years some seedlings from him of some of the most beautiful collector corals in the hobby. The finest signature pieces you did find in the Dieseltank.

Proudly I can say, I have been given the original Diesel frag tools that not many know about, these are awesome ;-) On the other side that was telling me that he likely won't come back to the hobby.........

See below just some of the nicest pieces I could grab a piece of and I still have in my tank in grow out.

DSC_1061-XL.jpg

DSC_1064-XL.jpg
I was there when the siphon stopped draining the tank. Its a shame I didn't know Diesel sooner, in our few short encounters I've learned more from him than after countless hours of research and he does it without asking for anything in return! Hope he gets back in some day but not sure that will happen :(

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ben, this makes me so very sad, my friend. You are one of the greats in this hobby of ours. You will truly be missed, and I really hope you are only temporarily out. :(:(:( I'd love to see you come back in the future.

Praying for you, and wishing you all the best!!

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, this makes me so very sad, my friend. You are one of the greats in this hobby of ours. You will truly be missed, and I really hope you are only temporarily out. :(:(:( I'd love to see you come back in the future.

Praying for you, and wishing you all the best!!

You sir are a Good Sir.
It been said before but that visit a few years back to see my tank while you were driving back home cross the country was a God’s blessing surprise.
I’ll always cherish that.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_1061-XL.jpg

DSC_1064-XL.jpg

I hope that I gave you enough of my knowledge to take the wheel of the ship and continue for what this hobby was started for.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there when the siphon stopped draining the tank. Its a shame I didn't know Diesel sooner, in our few short encounters I've learned more from him than after countless hours of research and he does it without asking for anything in return! Hope he gets back in some day but not sure that will happen :(

You my friend are well on your way to do it right the first time.
As I mentioned to hundreds in this hobby, “if you think you go slow, slow down even more. Only bad things happen overnight, I’ve never seen a frag turn colony overnight but have seen colonies turn frags overnight”.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You sir are a Good Sir.
It been said before but that visit a few years back to see my tank while you were driving back home cross the country was a God’s blessing surprise.
I’ll always cherish that.
Thank you.
Likewise, my friend. It was a blessing to meet you in person. And it is my joy to call you my friend.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mr. Deisel I have followed your posts for a long time, and learned a lot from you. I hope and pray things will be wonderful in your life and hope someday you come back.

Glad that I could inspire you.
Things will be just fine, our maker has a place for everyone.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never commented before but I have been following your tank for a while. Thanks for sharing your tank and your knowledge.

Perhapa its selfish, but I'm sad to see you leave Here's wishing you the very best going forward regardless of the road you're on.

Cheers

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back