80/20 T-Slot Aluminum Stand - Vendor Recommendations

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am slightly considering this for my 48/48 cube. Did you just email them and open dialogue that way?

corey

Reef.Exotico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am slightly considering this for my 48/48 cube. Did you just email them and open dialogue that way?

corey
I ordered mine from FramingTech. They were pretty good at getting back to me. But as soon as I ordered and paid no contact. I’ve emailed them to add brackets, magnets and extra fasteners to my order and no reply. ALUFAB the company Tidal Gardens was pretty quick to respond. They were a little more expensive tho. FandL8020.com never sent me an actual quote with shipping after asking them to add the double fasteners for strength. Just my 2cents on my experience with different companies. Hope this helps.

jknorr23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to do a t-slot stand as well. Has anyone just ordered one of the Framingtech premade kits? They come in the standard sizes, but for my 48"x24" 120 gallon tank, they only use 4 support legs and no cross supports on the bottom where the 31gal sump would sit. It doesn't seem like these would be strong enough for a typical reef setup, but I've never worked with aluminum before.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last 2 weeks been going back and forth with Anthony from Framing Tech. Placed my order yesterday and he still responded to my stupid questions afterward. expected ship date is 11/12.

60" x 30" x 36"
All 6 panels are doors.

1604458384065.png

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zero affiliation but Zoro.com has ridiculous prices on 72 and 96 inch pieces. Plus I think 15% off with email sign up and if you have a Chase credit card you can get cash back. Free shipping with $99 up, which it doesn't sound like it would be a problem for you.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give hats off to framing tech.com. maybe not your rock bottom low cost guys, but I was able to design my own stand, and they figured out the details and validated the design. Top notch to quality and attention to detail. From quote to order to delivery was less than 3 weeks. They saved me tons of time not having to figure out all the machining connections, which I could have done but had better things to do. I would order from them again. My 180 below.
PXL_20200916_223053138.NIGHT.jpg

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to do a t-slot stand as well. Has anyone just ordered one of the Framingtech premade kits? They come in the standard sizes, but for my 48"x24" 120 gallon tank, they only use 4 support legs and no cross supports on the bottom where the 31gal sump would sit. It doesn't seem like these would be strong enough for a typical reef setup, but I've never worked with aluminum before.
I didn't order a standard, but a custom and they were super responsive and accommodating. Anthony even made a point saying custom stands provided with cad drawings save $$. Either way these guys are solid.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give hats off to framing tech.com. maybe not your rock bottom low cost guys, but I was able to design my own stand, and they figured out the details and validated the design. Top notch to quality and attention to detail. From quote to order to delivery was less than 3 weeks. They saved me tons of time not having to figure out all the machining connections, which I could have done but had better things to do. I would order from them again. My 180 below.
PXL_20200916_223053138.NIGHT.jpg
that is a sexy stand. what are you using for the top and bottom? I ordered mine with black 1/2" HDPE sheets, but I am contemplating on adding some sort of mat to the top under the tank.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't order a standard, but a custom and they were super responsive and accommodating. Anthony even made a point saying custom stands provided with cad drawings save $$. Either way these guys are solid.
Anthony was awesome! cant wait to get my stand

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a sexy stand. what are you using for the top and bottom? I ordered mine with black 1/2" HDPE sheets, but I am contemplating on adding some sort of mat to the top under the tank.
For the bottom plate I'm using 1/2" HDPE since my sump is only going to carry around 60 gallons normally. For the top plate I went with Type I PVC 3/4" because you can't beat the physical properties for larger loads with that material. Might be silght over kill, but the peace of mind it gives me is worth it. HDPE is solid but it's not meant for high loads. If you have a smaller tank it'll be just fine IMO.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the bottom plate I'm using 1/2" HDPE since my sump is only going to carry around 60 gallons normally. For the top plate I went with Type I PVC 3/4" because you can't beat the physical properties for larger loads with that material. Might be silght over kill, but the peace of mind it gives me is worth it. HDPE is solid but it's not meant for high loads. If you have a smaller tank it'll be just fine IMO.
So the stand i ordered is a 60 x 30 x 36. For now it will hold a 75 Gal 36 x 24 x 20 and a 20 Gal 24 x 15 x 13 with a 47 x 24 x 16 sump. I plan to upgrade the Main Display to a 60 x 30 x XX in the future.. maybe about 170 Gal

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the stand i ordered is a 60 x 30 x 36. For now it will hold a 75 Gal 36 x 24 x 20 and a 20 Gal 24 x 15 x 13 with a 47 x 24 x 16 sump. I plan to upgrade the Main Display to a 60 x 30 x XX in the future.. maybe about 170 Gal
Oh for that weight you're golden on the HDPE

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one, based on my tank manufacturers recommendation I used the shipping foam for the leveling pad. I didn't want to void any implied warranties if issues ever arised from a cracked seam or wall. No big deal to me as it will ultimately be covered in the end and, bonus, it was free. It's been up and filled now for 90 days, no issues so far.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.5%
Back