any special site to purchase acrylic?

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be purchasing a 30g cube tank.. a shallow rimless with dimensions 24X24x12... idk what kind of sump and what dimensions i will need yet but im sure im going to have to diy it. so any help will be amazing thanks

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check online and the yellow pages for local places so that you don't have to pay shipping. Depending on the size of your sump, you might wind up spending close to the same amount on shipping as you will on the acrylic. I recently bought some scraps of 3/8 chemcast and the s&h was about 30 while the acrylic was only 45

OP
OP
D

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've never built a sump before from scratch and this is gonna have to be a cube sump so this is going to be a challenge lol.. I see some places have acrylic for insane pricing.. I feel like its gonna cost me a over 300 to build this darn sump haha

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I buy acrylic I use tap Plastics. I tell them what sizes and they laser cut it for me. When I get the package, all I have to do is glue it all together.

OP
OP
D

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol hahaha well what good would that be.. Then I wouldn't be able to build the sump

OP
OP
D

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I heard about the avast DIY skimmer kit lol never the sump.. I'll check it out.. Thanks

Back