Anyone use the Ecoxotic Stunner Strips

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so maybe I posted a little too quickly. I put one above my tank, next to my halide fixture, and it was barely noticeable. Not i'm disappointed. haha The colors really popped when I dropped the LED closer to the tank, but where I want them, they aren't going to be bright enough. Ughh.....

Are the ReefBrites brighter than these modules? Anybody know?

That's why m and m was trying to tell you that Reefbrite was much brighter and it's the way to go. you were listening.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why m and m was trying to tell you that Reefbrite was much brighter and it's the way to go. you were listening.

Yeah, but I really wanted the smaller modules to mount to my halides so the install would be easier. Oh well, going to order the ReefBrites tonight. I'm gonna go with a single 48", think that will be enough?

Neil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I can still see led "pop" from my 48" reefbrite even with both my 250w halides on.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Neil, appreciate the insight. Nice to hear from people who have actually used the fixture :)

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks Bryan, LOL I'll give you $35 for each strip if you'll ship them, I don't need a transformer though.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks Bryan, LOL I'll give you $35 for each strip if you'll ship them, I don't need a transformer though.

I bought the modules instead of the strips, so they were 95 each. They had more LEDs in it, and are fairly bright, but not with the halides. I'm ordering the ReefBrite tonight. If it doesn't work out, I'l give up, haha.

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also running my Reefbrite bar along with my metal halide, and I'm able to notice the LED blue lights while my halides are on. I'm not sure if you are still able to order the original verson of Reefbrite bar that is adjustable. If so, make sure order that one cause you can run its full potential as a supplemental day light as we as a nice moon light when you dial it down.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Twinspots. I'm not sure if the ones that Premium carries are adjustable, I'll have to check that out. I don't run moonlights, but I want to keep the ReefBrite on for a bit after the halides go off my my own viewing pleasure :)

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two of the blue ones. They are the 12 inch modules with 12 LEDs each. Would work perfect for somebody with a canopy honestly. There are the ones:

EX-8201 Premium Aquatics - EX-8201

How big is your tank? I added two blue ones to my 60 gallon and it made a huge difference with the blue/actinic look with all the LEDs on.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I'm gonna order my others tonight and should have them on Thursday to review :)

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I'm gonna order my others tonight and should have them on Thursday to review :)

Did you ever review the reefbrites?? I am kind of in the same boat doing research for a friend. I was thinking about doing two panoramas instead of stunner strips on a 46 bowfront tank. I dont think he minds the effect with the Halides on, these are more for when the halides are off. How bright were you panoramas with the haldies off?? Good flourecent pop from the corals?? Did you say your tank was 4feet or 2 feet deep? Thanks for any help

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept the Ecoxtic modules, mounted them above the tank, and they actually light it up really good. I want it a little brighter, so I was thinking about possibly adding one more, but I'm not sure yet. I thought about getting the third one for the middle to be half white, half blue, just for the fun of it.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept the Ecoxtic modules, mounted them above the tank, and they actually light it up really good. I want it a little brighter, so I was thinking about possibly adding one more, but I'm not sure yet. I thought about getting the third one for the middle to be half white, half blue, just for the fun of it.

Yeah i am leaning toward getting those. Is your tank 4feet long by 2 feet deep? Do these connect together or do tey run off separate power sources?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one's I have can run six strips off of one transformer.

Yeah but those are the stunner strips. The other type is the Panorama Ecoxotic module that btkrausen is refereing to. I am pretty sure those cant be connected but i was checking with btkrausen.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i am leaning toward getting those. Is your tank 4feet long by 2 feet deep? Do these connect together or do tey run off separate power sources?

My tank is 4 x 2 x 1, but really the water is about 11 inches deep. These each have their own plug ins, but I have a extension cord with 3 plugs at the end to use as a splitter that I run into one port of the Apex.

I never did try the ReefBrites, but I have been tempted to pick up a 48 inch strip to try it out.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back