Are there disease resistant fish?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all the fish you mentioned to velvet royal gramma, squammapinni anthias, even the little azure damsels died.

I am sure your fish died from velvet as all fish will, "If you don't keep them immune from velvet".

Mine would all die too "if I didn't keep them immune" for 40 years.

It's not that hard. But what do I know? :oops:

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure your fish died from velvet as all fish will, "If you don't keep them immune from velvet".

Mine would all die too "if I didn't keep them immune" for 40 years.

It's not that hard. But what do I know? :oops:
Lol good luck with that logic. You’re the only person in the world I guess who’s discovered how to make his fish immune to velvet.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol good luck with that logic. You’re the only person in the world I guess who’s discovered how to make his fish immune to velvet.
But once again you don’t have the fish I mentioned so what you’re saying is irrelevant

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But once again you don’t have the fish I mentioned so what you’re saying is irrelevant

Yes I guess it is. But for the other 99.95% of fish, mine are immune. :cool:

And since I have been doing this since the first day that fish were imported to the US, I may well be the only one that knows how to keep a fish immune. Besides Atoll and a few hundred people I guess.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had shoals of Achilles tangs and powder blue tangs??? Because if you read what I wrote I stated that putting a velvet magnet like one of those two fish will make the other fish I listed vulnerable. So unless you’re stating you had shoals of Achilles tangs and powder blue tangs for 25 years which I highly doubt since that’s unheard of then your post is irrelevant.
Not tangs no but I have kept them as stated. Regal tangs and those you agree are more likely than many others to catch velvet for whatever diseases you care to mention never have and that is over the last 25 years with a number of tanks with fish bought from various establishments. Again Just luck which is hardly likely don't you agree? BtW I am a passenger in a car on a long journey so not the best place to write replies from.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe these?

03E87233-EAC8-42CF-A787-311AA2FEE4AA.jpeg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not going to put a powder blue tang in my reef just to prove a point. I don't like powder blue tangs and out of all the tangs, I find them one of the plainest, nondescript, boring ones.

I have probably had four or five of them over the years and I know they didn't die from ich or velvet because my fish won't get that.
They probably jumped out or I gave them away when they got to big like I do with all my fish that get to big.

I gave some of them to the New York Aquarium

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back