OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much for the kind words and welcome. Felix and crew do amazing work! Looking forward to a Reef Savvy return visit in the foreseeable future on my build as well.

Beautiful tank! I had the pleasure of speaking with Felix @MACNA this year. Thank you for sharing your dream with us!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey any new photos of the tank itself?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love this new commercial grade dehumidifier for my basement reef project! Built like a tank and Made in the USA!

Awesome! If i ever upgrade my display I'll have to look at getting one of these as well

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely love this new commercial grade dehumidifier for my basement reef project! Built like a tank and Made in the USA!

How's it working out for you?

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update: Looking forward to a return visit soon by my friends at Reef Savvy!!! We have booked the flight, rental car and hotel accommodations for Felix's return trip to Ohio from Miami, Florida. Next up will be the installation of armored seams for my 600g custom built dream tank. This is an add on feature I really want that was not available when the tank was built on site. Felix will be arriving the second week of November. Should be a great time. The first picture below is my good friend Jason (Porky) hanging out with Felix at MACNA 2016 in San Diego. More pictures to follow!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The fun is just getting started. :) I will be very excited to see all the SPS sticks I have collected over the years finally make it to my dream tank (soon)....watching a new, large scale SPS coral garden grow out is going to be worth the wait for sure.

Thanks for following along!

Can't wait to see this monster done

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[Update-later in this thread I switched out the Marco Rocks for extra large pieces of premium Pukani Dry Rock instead.]

Sometimes it takes two attempts or more to get things right. A while back, when I first contacted Marco Rocks, I figured 250 pounds of dry reef rock would be a good start. My original plan was to use a lot less rock to allow my SPS sticks to grow out well over time. However, I think I will be ordering another round of dry rock from Marco Rocks soon. 400 pounds is probably more ideal for what I think I will end up using for his project. Maybe more. :)

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.0%
Back