Or any basslet, love em.
The cherub will drive you insane imo. GL getting it out
Hope it helps!

Mark Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will you do if the LFS goes belly up by the time you are ready to give it back? Or, what if it goes under new management and when you're ready to give it back, the new owner says "no"?
The biggest ‘what if’ is in something happens to me - no one else in my family would know what to do.
You can only make decisions based on the current set of circumstances.
I have a thriving tank, of corals and fish (the fish have been with me over 2 years). I’ve never had any diseases nor lost anything. I have, however, swapped corals - for example I had a bubble coral that just wouldn’t stop growing so my LFS took if back for credit before it became an issue for other corals.
My Yellow Tang is an excellent example, has suffered no health problems and enjoys foraging around the twenty plus corals I have.
I have made quite a number of connections, with reef keepers of bigger tanks, via my LFS who would potentially happily have my Tang outside of my LFS agreement - when the time comes receiving money for him/her will not be the deciding factor. I’m also sure forums have access to local people who would oblige.
It’s not hard to spot when fish, or corals, are unhappy so I really don’t subscribe to the negativity in of keeping Tangs whilst small - anyone is welcome to see my tank and tell me I’m doing wrong.
As long as you understand the eventual problem, are prepared to have good husbandry and have a plan I’d say ‘go ahead’.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back