Bangai cardinal is holding now

corals2go

Corals2go.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first try with Bangai Cardinals. This is a wild pair i picked up, so we'll see how it goes.

P1000607.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really easy to raise,just ask any questions,Ill be glad to help!

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys suggest as far as removing the dad and babies from a display tank.

I have a breeding pair in my display, but as soon as he releases the babies my green coris wrasse eats them all. Tank is grown in with acros so a net is all but out of the question, and he sleeps down under the monti cap ledges, so a flashlight and net would be tricky at best. I don't have access to a trap or I would try that, but I wonder if he would even be interested in it when he is holding.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never raised them in a display,but I would try to get him at night,be carful,they do let the babies go somtimes when they get stressed

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never raised them in a display,but I would try to get him at night,be carful,they do let the babies go somtimes when they get stressed

I know they usually spit them out if you net them. I will have to try once the eggs hatch this time. He is holding right now for the fifth or sixth time.

nice_corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is true they do spit them out if stressed mine have had a few batches already and all out of 2 batches have servived and ive sold them on craigslist

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size is your tank? theres a divider that they sale at petsmart or petco for 15 dlls that helps divide a tank.

Back