Banggai cardinal carrying! !

kyle1284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what part of houston does your family live in?there are acouple of nice places on the N and NWside of town, hell bring a couple of those cardnals and illbuy them from ya while you're here:)

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Family in Rosharon, a few friends in Katy and N. Houston. My husband and i are starting a sportsbar down in Port Lavaca so we've been mid-town a lot lately. You got it on the Cardinals. They are pretty close to being ready to head out. Maybe a few more weeks.

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to call this day 8. Technically it's been 10 days since the first fry was released but it didn't free swim till 2 days later. Everything after that was swimming when released.
All 25 fry are still looking good. I've been feeding at LEAST 5 times a day. I had been adding selcon to my hatching containers but it was making my water go bad. So I started pulling out a lot of brine into a solo cup and adding a few drops to that. I'll add 10-15ml of tank water to that an use that over a day. It works for me. I've had no signs of sudden shock/sudden fright syndrome and no deaths around day 10. I've read that is a crucial time. OK. Sorry for the long post. :)

20160410_230518.jpg

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I used a bigger breeding net for this batch and I think they are getting out from the top. Down to 20 juvis. There have been no bodies to show for the missing few. Lol. I think I'm going back to my smaller nets and I'll split them up next time. Oh yeah he's holding....again. I've re-named them Babs and Bugs bunny. I'll move batch #2 to the 20g juvi tank in 2 weeks. That will be 30 total in that tank. It may be time for a 40g breeder. Sigh...

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This makes me want to go pick up some and give breeding a try. Great job. Keep up the good work.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect love it any info on your brine shrimp setup and hove long hi holding egs before hi let go the fry me cardinal holding the egs now I think is day 8 or 9

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates me holding I think day 17-19 should I try to fish I'm to breeding net I see silver in said his mouth

OP
OP
Valgae

Valgae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I've been super busy. I have a 3 gallon tank with 2, 1 litre containers in it. They were a bit small for me so I'm changing them to 2 litre. Use brine egss with the highest % hatch rate. I used a heater in my tank vs a light over the top. Used a light only to draw shrimp down. Use selcon with every feeding!!!

20160328_124059.jpg

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I fish him out and put him to breeding net Wednesday is holding the eggs I see more and more silver in his mouth is day 20 so I think any time now if everything go good I hutching brain shrimp twice a day for now I post if something new come out .

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love this!

Cary Hover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three showed up in my sump a few weeks ago. Have two left. I give them frozen brine and mash it up a bit. They are doing great and are growing. Was not going to hatch baby brine and go through all that for two fry. Sounds mean but they seem to love their surroundings and the snowflake clown gets along fine with them.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Valgae vhot brine you use to hatch I hopping for any day now is cona be first time I have fry in me tank .

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little guy is still going strong after a friend spotted him under some live rock a few weeks ago. Had no idea it was there. I kind of guessed my adults were spawning since the male stayed hidden and wouldn't eat. But I never knew anything hatched. Given the all the other fish and cuc in the tank and no special feeding, I'm surprised the baby's still going strong. Amazing how they are a perfect miniature of the adults.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back