Check Your Hanna Reagent NOW!!

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they all turn orange. I've always had this....I think I will call tomorrow to make sure.

If you search youtube for red sea official ALK Pro test kit, pink is the final color. And you cannot go wrong with telling what color it will end. The orange one color from old test is so ambiguous.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was 6 years ago.....all recent threads about this point to Orange and you are looking for the color change....I'm going to call them tomorrow

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
........my replacements for my bad batches were bad. Is that site legit? It seems everyone has bad reagents.

Mine were Lots#: 5672 and 5462.

Markandy405

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked alk. Couldn't even register a result with salifert. Somewhere above 15.7 dkh. Hannah was measuring mid 7

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked alk. Couldn't even register a result with salifert. Somewhere above 15.7 dkh. Hannah was measuring mid 7
15.7 dKh on salifert for tank water?? Sure about that? What's your calcium and Mg- they would likely also be through the roof (or way off norm) if you really have Had 14.7 dKh for any length of time. Dang that's nuclear. FYI salifert titration tests can extrapolate upwards from the initial 16 dKh so just keep adding drop wise and extrapolate to your color change.

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
........my replacements for my bad batches were bad. Is that site legit? It seems everyone has bad reagents.

Mine were Lots#: 5672 and 5462.
The Hanna reps are putting the site out. It's legit, they are suppose to send you a new one.

Make sure you check the lot before you use it

kevindo123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG..... I have been dosing alk to my 24G tank. So far the SPS and LPS has no adverse affects yet. I will back down my ALK dosing until I get a new kit. I was measuring 119 to 123ppm and kept trying to get to ~135ppm.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had consistent readings for alkalinity with Hanna even with same reagent, I use Red Sea and it is fairly consistent

Markandy405

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15.7 dKh on salifert for tank water?? Sure about that? What's your calcium and Mg- they would likely also be through the roof (or way off norm) if you really have Had 14.7 dKh for any length of time. Dang that's nuclear. FYI salifert titration tests can extrapolate upwards from the initial 16 dKh so just keep adding drop wise and extrapolate to your color change.
It never changed colors. Tried twice. Calcium at 400

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 400ppm Ca I would believe 7dkh...that Hanna gave you-Not 15.7; that would be a significant imbalance and I would imagine your corals would exhibit clear evidence! I'd only suggest that your salifert kit is off or testing procedure is erroneous. You might want to post to the chemistry forum.

Hope you get it straightened out and sorry so many have had a rough go with Hanna reagents...

Markandy405

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 400ppm Ca I would believe 7dkh...that Hanna gave you-Not 15.7; that would be a significant imbalance and I would imagine your corals would exhibit clear evidence! I'd only suggest that your salifert kit is off or testing procedure is erroneous. You might want to post to the chemistry forum.

Hope you get it straightened out and sorry so many have had a rough go with Hanna reagents...
Thanks for the help! Well my red sea test is no help either. It produces the orange color. Lol.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the "bad" lots. 8.8 with Hanna, 9.8 with Salifert. I've always got 0.3 to 0.4 higher with Salifert but not 1.0. Hanna has always been very consistent for me. I have new reagent coming tomorrow. I'll compare old and new.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back