Connecting my Apex to WiFi question.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y'all trying to connect my new Apex up via WiFi. I followed the instruction but for some reason can't connect to apex.local to finish the set up!

Any tips?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@143MPCo...any suggestions? I personally hard wired mine so I didn't have to mess with the WiFi.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some trouble with it as well. Are you using the Get Started guide? Apple or Android? I originally tried to connect with my Android phone, that didn't work, then I tried the wife's Mac book and again no luck, finally I grabbed her iPhone and finally success. Come to find out there are different links for different devices (and a completely different set of steps for Android). If you're using Apple I'd try scrolling down the list using the different links until one works (I believe there are three total). Good luck!

EDIT: oh and if you're using an Android the steps are at the very bottom of the list.

EDIT...again: looks like the first set of for a iPhone, second an Apple computer, third a PC, and fourth an Android device. Hopefully someone can verify this. Also just noticed this post was from yesterday so hopefully you got it figured out! :)

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back