OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A video of the tank so you can see it in the round! I must warn you about the music...its a bit repetitive. My tablet went deaf so I just picked a riff that was the right length with out listening to it, ha ha!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching that video (awesome by the way) and my 3 year old son comes up and says "Mommy! That's a seahorse! We need lots of seahorses in our big tank." So now I gotta hope he forgets that statement before my husband kills me for attempting to make it happen. :p Oh and Jacob (my son) says your Eve is "very pretty" but he can't say her name. He's calling her "Vee" lol

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching that video (awesome by the way) and my 3 year old son comes up and says "Mommy! That's a seahorse! We need lots of seahorses in our big tank." So now I gotta hope he forgets that statement before my husband kills me for attempting to make it happen. :p Oh and Jacob (my son) says your Eve is "very pretty" but he can't say her name. He's calling her "Vee" lol
Ha ha, your comment made me smile! I hope I haven't started anything at your house!!! Jacob is right about Eve being very pretty however.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha, your comment made me smile! I hope I haven't started anything at your house!!! Jacob is right about Eve being very pretty however.

Nah... nothing started that can't be redirected. He's also wanting me to put his little 5 gallon betta tank in the wall with the new tank. lol I've told him he has to ask daddy first. (like that's going to happen :rolleyes:) He really did love the tank. I just might move into seahorses in the future... just not anytime soon. The medical issues they tend to have are daunting to me.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah... nothing started that can't be redirected. He's also wanting me to put his little 5 gallon betta tank in the wall with the new tank. lol I've told him he has to ask daddy first. (like that's going to happen :rolleyes:) He really did love the tank. I just might move into seahorses in the future... just not anytime soon. The medical issues they tend to have are daunting to me.
That is good. Seahorses are awesome and so personable. In the middle of the video you can see Eve was playing up to the camera and me. They actually beg for food. Their personalities is what makes it so painful when they get sick. Hopefully this new tank is reducing the chances of illness even more.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am noticing an oddity about Ruth and Boaz. I have never seen them swim. They slither along the bottom to eat the mysis. Perhaps that is because after it sinks it lays on the bottom and I do not have a lot of rock and hitches in the QT. Also maybe they don't want to be in the open water...they do hide a lot. IDK?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tank!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well there are 'little' ponies in a 'big' tank. I decided to move them now because they have been eating quite well and recognise the turkey baster as the source of good things to eat. My only concern now is because they are so little that they will get lost in such a big tank but Ruth's white color will help me locate her. I am hoping Boaz stays near Ruth or Eve. All of the tank is visible from somewhere so I should be able to locate them regardless.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have truly created a beautiful and well planned home for your babies. Truly inspired by your dedication.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well there are 'little' ponies in a 'big' tank. I decided to move them now because they have been eating quite well and recognise the turkey baster as the source of good things to eat. My only concern now is because they are so little that they will get lost in such a big tank but Ruth's white color will help me locate her. I am hoping Boaz stays near Ruth or Eve. All of the tank is visible from somewhere so I should be able to locate them regardless.

Woot! I have a question. When the two new ones get "of age" would he get bombarded by the females with holding babies too often? It's probably a dumb question, but I keep thinking of (yeah this is going to be dumb lol) Guppies and how the females will spend every minute of their lives pregnant especially if they are outnumbered by males. It wares them out and they do very poorly long term like that. Sorry, I'm just curious if that could be a similar issue with two females vs one male (after they are all grown up of course)

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot! I have a question. When the two new ones get "of age" would he get bombarded by the females with holding babies too often? It's probably a dumb question, but I keep thinking of (yeah this is going to be dumb lol) Guppies and how the females will spend every minute of their lives pregnant especially if they are outnumbered by males. It wares them out and they do very poorly long term like that. Sorry, I'm just curious if that could be a similar issue with two females vs one male (after they are all grown up of course)
That is not a dumb question at all Meredith, and actually in my limited experience a healthy young male will spend every minute pregnant or getting pregnant, ha ha! When I got Adam he was pregnant within 2 weeks. He would carry the eggs/fry for 19 days, deliver them in the morning, court all afternoon and be pregnant again by bedtime! He did that for probably 9 months or so until he left off bearing.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a dumb question at all Meredith, and actually in my limited experience a healthy young male will spend every minute pregnant or getting pregnant, ha ha! When I got Adam he was pregnant within 2 weeks. He would carry the eggs/fry for 19 days, deliver them in the morning, court all afternoon and be pregnant again by bedtime! He did that for probably 9 months or so until he left off bearing.

Ahhh. Well that puts my mind at ease. Poor guy, having been through it, I wouldn't want to be pregnant all the time like that! LOL At least his little babies don't kick him constantly or sit on his bladder. :D

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh. Well that puts my mind at ease. Poor guy, having been through it, I wouldn't want to be pregnant all the time like that! LOL At least his little babies don't kick him constantly or sit on his bladder. :D
Maybe not but he can have more than 200 at a time!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is Boaz trying to get Eve's attention. He tries a more playboy approach but Eve was not impressed!

Awwww!! That was so adorably cute and a little sad. Poor guy got shut down. I can really see the difference in size with these. They really are small babies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back