OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwww!! That was so adorably cute and a little sad. Poor guy got shut down. I can really see the difference in size with these. They really are small babies.
I know what you mean. She actually got irritated (which seahorses almost never do) and chased him away. I have a feeling he will be back though, ha ha! Passionate ponies are not easily put off.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you hear a snick? I've been replaying the video and taking screen shots and it totally looks like she's snicking at him. I have NEVER seen that from a female to a male and only twice between adult males.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you hear a snick? I've been replaying the video and taking screen shots and it totally looks like she's snicking at him. I have NEVER seen that from a female to a male and only twice between adult males.
I know, I thought the same thing while I was shooting it. It looked like a snick but there was not the sound. A silent snick. It sent Boaz off but he did not exactly look rebuffed. He is hitched to her favorite gorg with her this morning.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She was like "my name is NO, my sign is NO,my number is NO, you need to let it go" LOL
He did not let it go. He is hitched near her on her favorite gorg this morning. Persistent little bugger he is.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beautiful home for your ponys. Your videos are always awesome, and I always enjoy your threads. Thank you again for sharing them with us. :)

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beautiful home for your ponys. Your videos are always awesome, and I always enjoy your threads. Thank you again for sharing them with us. :)
Thanks Chrisfish. I am glad that you enjoyed the videos. I told my husband that my thread is like a soap opera for seahorses, ha ha! They have so much personality that its easy to play up the drama, LOL.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, I thought the same thing while I was shooting it. It looked like a snick but there was not the sound. A silent snick. It sent Boaz off but he did not exactly look rebuffed. He is hitched to her favorite gorg with her this morning.

I've honestly never heard of that. He knew exactly what it meant too.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've honestly never heard of that. He knew exactly what it meant too.
Isn't that truly amazing how they communicate with each other? I could almost hear her say, "bug off ya little juvenile!"

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I will have to say that persistence is paying off for Boaz. This morning when I turned on the moonlight LEDs all 3 ponies were hitched to the same gorg. Boaz immediately began nestling up to Eve and much to my surprise she didn't swim away. In fact she began to point her nose upward the way seahorse do in courtship! The two of them hitched tails and she basically dragged him around the tank, ha ha!

I am sure it will be a couple of months before he can be a real mate but things definitely appear to be heading in that direction.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O yeah, and Ruth seems to be happily oblivious to it all. I suspect that she is really still a juvenile and may not even be decided if she is female or male yet. (All seahorses look like females at birth but at 4-8 months they either develop pouches if they are male or not if they are female). Perhaps Ruth is a late bloomer, and may actually be a 'Rocky'.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure it will be a couple of months before he can be a real mate but things definitely appear to be heading in that direction.

So much for a couple of months! I just witnessed Eve missing the target and spilling eggs a over the bottom of the tank. I am not sad, Boaz is too young to be a daddy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back