Deep Blue out of business, any alternatives that might be little better than Aqueon and Marineland

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tankmeusa.com
Is better than them all i believe but you get what you pay for
Gaston is great to work with, but he’s backed way up right now as well. We are 2 months behind my forecast start date and I haven’t heard from him. No knock on him, he’s a great guy just wanted folks to have the info!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my deep blue 80 rimless a couple months ago from fish tanks direct. I was very happy with them and they delivered the tank in less than a week. I must have gotten one of the last deep blues. They have seapora. Worth a call to see if they are the same basically

aquadog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any glass aquarium manufacturers (like Red Sea) that provide both the aquarium, some of the filtration and good looking quality cabinets and caps? Sort of a one stop shop kind of thing.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like glass manufacturers are getting harder and harder to find, I am undecided between glass or acrylic, I find that acrylic manufacturers have longer warranty and glass builders far less of a warranty.

Any thoughts??

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+2 on Crystal Dynamics. I have two 150g tanks from them (60 x 24 x 24) and the workmanship is outstanding. Delivery times not so accurate though.

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet Aquarium. I bought a rimless 40 breeder for about $250.00. They don't sell direct you have to have your lfs order it. They are very slow.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.customaquariums.com bought one off a friend who was getting out of the hobby for a new build. Seeing the glasscages that the LFS used and this tank I would order another one of these in a heartbeat. The overflow setup to me is one of the better around and nearly silent. The piping doesn't allow the tank to be pushed "flush" to the wall, if on a stand, but now that my current tank is pushed tight to the wall, I won't do it again.....

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 Degree Bulkheads

240-gallon-aquarium-special-6.jpg

aquadog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like glass manufacturers are getting harder and harder to find, I am undecided between glass or acrylic, I find that acrylic manufacturers have longer warranty and glass builders far less of a warranty.

Any thoughts??
Acrylic scratches REALLY easy. If you end up growing coraline algae and it grows on the glass, it's very difficult to remove (long term) without scratching the panel. They view very well meaning they are very clear. And they are very strong and no silicone to discolor.

glendale789

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concept Aquariums in Calgary is a custom builder who quoted almost half the cost of Miracles for my new build( and Miracles was half the price of Reef Savvy). Lots of options out there that are a little more budget friendly.

FWIW I ended up going with Miracles, no tank yet but I'm certain I'll be happy with it.

Perhaps Concept Aquariums could be good, but honestly, I get so irked with the "coming soon" stuff. The copyright on the site is 2017 and "coming soon"? Really. The circa 2012 Lorem ipsum post is also encouraging. If companies haven't yet figured out that the internet is a thing, it's such a missed opportunity! (Sorry - software engineer rant). Full disclosure, I am deep into a Crystal Dynamic addiction. My wife isn't happy.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps Concept Aquariums could be good, but honestly, I get so irked with the "coming soon" stuff. The copyright on the site is 2017 and "coming soon"? Really. The circa 2012 Lorem ipsum post is also encouraging. If companies haven't yet figured out that the internet is a thing, it's such a missed opportunity! (Sorry - software engineer rant). Full disclosure, I am deep into a Crystal Dynamic addiction. My wife isn't happy.

For me a functioning website doesn't really mean much, but I get what your saying. For myself, Its looking like I'm going to be diving deep into a Miricles Addiction. My Fiance probably is feeling right around how your wife is right now after I showed her pics of my new tank lol. Gotta love new builds. Concept is a reasonable quality, decent builder with a good reputation as is Miracles along with Crystal dynamic. Really IMO you can't go wrong with any of them and they are all priced competitively

glendale789

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me a functioning website doesn't really mean much, but I get what your saying. For myself, Its looking like I'm going to be diving deep into a Miricles Addiction. My Fiance probably is feeling right around how your wife is right now after I showed her pics of my new tank lol. Gotta love new builds. Concept is a reasonable quality, decent builder with a good reputation as is Miracles along with Crystal dynamic. Really IMO you can't go wrong with any of them and they are all priced competitively

Thanks Josh. My intent was not to doubt the quality of Concept Aquariums, rather it was a result of the frustration of looking for information about quality options. Considering the $30-$50 per gallon for an average reef setup, quality tank and stand options are central to the overall cost. I'm not lazy and was willing to submit several quotes to Reef Ravvy, Miracles, Crystal Dynamic, and Glass cages. It just feels like it's harder than it needs to be. BTW, Miracles is a close #2 ;)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Josh. My intent was not to doubt the quality of Concept Aquariums, rather it was a result of the frustration of looking for information about quality options. Considering the $30-$50 per gallon for an average reef setup, quality tank and stand options are central to the overall cost. I'm not lazy and was willing to submit several quotes to Reef Ravvy, Miracles, Crystal Dynamic, and Glass cages. It just feels like it's harder than it needs to be. BTW, Miracles is a close #2 ;)

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply that you were knocking Concept or anything. I definately can't argue the difficulty in contacting some of them, Well, most of them lol Especially with Concept when from all I've heard, you do need to be VERY specific with the quality you're after as they do offer many different quality options . I do feel that out of those options Reef Savvy and Crystal Dynamic truly focus on all major aspects of a build and The others focus more on the tank itself. Which if your shopping for a tank and stand combo certainly makes things a little more difficult. I will be building my own stand which makes things a lot easier in that regard. I will say before this I had never heard of Crystal Dynamic before so thanks for pointing them out to me:)

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Anyone know why they went out of business? I loved their deep shallow tanks. I will be holding a prayer vigil out side of my house tonight for anyone who wants to attend. You can find me by the blue lit living room windows from at least a mile away.
That’s the style tank I’m looking for. Seems like IM has cornered the market on the 36x24x16 dimension and custom tanks are ridiculously expensive.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious... what is wrong with Aqueon?

I've been using them for years and never had a failure. I find them to be solid tanks. Granted, the plastic upper bracing can be unattractive, but beyond that, I've always been pleased with them. Am I missing something?

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the style tank I’m looking for. Seems like IM has cornered the market on the 36x24x16 dimension and custom tanks are ridiculously expensive.
Contact these guys -> https://www.fishtanksdirect.com/

I got my 120g Deep Blue from them. They told me Deep Blue was bought out (I forget who bought them) but they have many similar sizes and a ton of variety.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Deep Blue was acquired by Phiilips pet foods who eventually dropped the product line all together.
Take a look at seapora tanks which are very similar. Not sure who manufactures seapora line. Custom aquariums is the most reliable and best shipping rates.
Take a look at : https://www.fishtanksdirect.com/

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears seapora may be gone also …..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back