E5 led/T5 lighting

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it isn't just me having dimming issues with these in a Sunpower fixture, interesting...

Yeah, we have three official reports of dimming compatibility issues. However, at the moment we cannot recreat the issue, in fact in all the fixtures we've tried, it's worked great! It's still under investigation but k worry if we can't find a common thread it will be a hit an miss situation. :/ (dislike!)

We will continue to investigate!

We asking any customer with compatibility issues of any kind to email us at [email protected] with as much fixture info as possible. Make, model, size, age, etc...

Thanks for any info you can send if you've not already!

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
8ddba480244390ea7916a3dfd87831d6.jpg

Just got my 8 bulb ATI
I have the Blue Pop and Warm Daylight in the middle and Blue + On each side. Looking forward to reporting how this combo works out.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our high-power fixtures (Angel) have UV and as mentioned we're always working on new things! ;)
I might have to look into that one. I had the same trouble as Paletta with a torch coral...seemingly perfectly healthy polyps progressively falling away from the skeleton.

My trouble is my budget...eerrrfff.

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My trouble is my budget...eerrrfff.

Just so you know the A1 (95W including UV) is $399.99 and the A1p (150W including UV) is $499.99. Can still be steep, but def more affordable than other options with lower power specs! (link no longer available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my 8 bulb ATI
I have the Blue Pop and Warm Daylight in the middle and Blue + On each side. Looking forward to reporting how this combo works out.

Very nice! You may find that 1-2 more Blue Pop will make a huge difference to your tank. The Warm Daylight is a nice lamps for full spectrum input especially with that much blue in the mix!

Post a tank picture also when you can!

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side by side with another fixture with the same bulb combo but with blue plus in place of the blue pop the tank with the blue pop has a crisper look and the corals do glow more under the blue pop even with the other 4 T5s on at the same time. I love the blue pop and will be getting more for my other fixture

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Side by side with blue plus both are ATI fixtures left with two blue plus and right with two blue pop.
Thanks for posting this.. It's a very good and solid way to get a real idea of the difference the blue pops will make..

Thanks again

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euoquatics:

I'm just curious.. Are you distributing to any other supplier besides marine depot? I cannot say that I'm very happy with them and this situation, and honestly, I never have been.. That's just me.. Are there any alternative sources that the bulbs can be ordered from?

Thanks again

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euoquatics:

I'm just curious.. Are you distributing to any other supplier besides marine depot? I cannot say that I'm very happy with them and this situation, and honestly, I never have been.. That's just me.. Are there any alternative sources that the bulbs can be ordered from?

Thanks again
The short answer is yes.

Other outlets will start to get stock soon. Our site will likely have a new dealer locator in the coming months, but for now if you contact your favorite shop or online vendor let them know you'd like to buy from you E5s from them.

On a side note, I know not everyone can be happy with on company or another, but I will say that the team at MD has done well on the E5 launch for us and overall the customer response has been good as far as that go. I'm sorry that's not been your experience!

We'll announce new dealers as they come online mainly via FaceBook.

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually did recieve mine today.. Very, very very blue color.. Now, I need to purchase a third to rid the tank of the like color from the actinic in the back..

But I am extremely satisfied!

uploadfromtaptalk1456247662100.jpg

ChrisAndJulie2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which series of the white light do you guys like? Or are you both running the blue pops? I'm thinking the cool day light for my next row. I have 4 rows total so, I have room to play around with the bulbs. I think one row of blue pops is sufficient.

purplereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one blue pop in my 8 bulb ATI and left it in the fixture for 1week. I started to bleach all of my high end chalices. I will not be using this bulb anymore.

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one blue pop in my 8 bulb ATI and left it in the fixture for 1week. I started to bleach all of my high end chalices. I will not be using this bulb anymore.
How were you not bleaching chalices before with an eight bulb ATI fixture over chalices ? That's a lot of light. Not being negative just never seen chalices kept under so much light

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back