Ecotech joins BRS as a sister company..

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew was never in or involved in the videos. He also isn't at BRS any longer. Bertram got his 50% so far as I can tell.

I will fight anyone that says Thomas isn't amazing! Just because BRS wants product videos doesn't mean he doesn't know his reefing.
Randy was always good, but he left too. Always confused Randy and Ryan cuz of the names

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew was never in or involved in the videos. He also isn't at BRS any longer. Bertram got his 50% so far as I can tell.

I will fight anyone that says Thomas isn't amazing! Just because BRS wants product videos doesn't mean he doesn't know his reefing.
Well, I would expect that, as a rule, anyone doing BRS videos knows reefing. The point was that, now that they are owned by a parent corporation, I question whether we can expect the same kind of honesty. Are they now expected to push, push, push only the products they sell, and not even mention competing products? Does 2021 mark the transition between (fairly) unbiased videos, and the corporate mandated commercials?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I would expect that, as a rule, anyone doing BRS videos knows reefing. The point was that, now that they are owned by a parent corporation, I question whether we can expect the same kind of honesty. Are they now expected to push, push, push only the products they sell, and not even mention competing products? Does 2021 mark the transition between (fairly) unbiased videos, and the corporate mandated commercials?
Are you actually serious, how much is the toll?

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you think it's all going to be hunky dory. I'm a pragmatist. You have to be pretty naive to think the corporate mothership would allow honest opinions of competitors' products.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moms gunna be mad you used all her aluminum foil to make those funny hats...
What exactly is your argument here? It looks like you are just trying to pick a fight...

When BRS was starting, they did open-ended testing of equipment to decide what products they would carry.
Now that they are part of a corporation or under investors' interests beyond just their own, I agree with @crit21 that they are probably not going to do unbiased reviews of competitors' lines of products and will push the corporate products. Hopefully they review the products they carry with an unbiased view.

It seems pretty hard for anybody to stay in business while equivalating to or advertising for competitors (unless the competition is significantly more expensive), and that is certainly not likely to be the desire of the investors!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly is your argument here? It looks like you are just trying to pick a fight...

When BRS was starting, they did open-ended testing of equipment to decide what products they would carry.
Now that they are part of a corporation or under investors' interests beyond just their own, I agree with @crit21 that they are probably not going to do unbiased reviews of competitors' lines of products and will push the corporate products. Hopefully they review the products they carry with an unbiased view.

It seems pretty hard for anybody to stay in business while equivalating to or advertising for competitors (unless the competition is significantly more expensive), and that is certainly not likely to be the desire of the investors!
It was the mothership thats all, whats your point!

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
moms gunna be mad you used all her aluminum foil to make those funny hats...

Please don't insult the memory of my mother.

Consider the R2R thread,

Aperture Pet & Life is formed to join BRS, EcoTech, and Neptune Systems brands​

I predict that Aperture Pet & Life will be tasked to group Neptune Systems, EcoTech Marine, and Aquaillumination as a single producer. Some of their products will be discontinued altogether. Some may be merged into a single product line. Many of their products (e.g., ReefLink, Apex; Radion and Hydra) are essentially redundant.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thats great you have your opinions
Please don't insult the memory of my mother.

Consider the R2R thread,

Aperture Pet & Life is formed to join BRS, EcoTech, and Neptune Systems brands​

I predict that Aperture Pet & Life will be tasked to group Neptune Systems, EcoTech Marine, and Aquaillumination as a single producer. Some of their products will be discontinued altogether. Some may be merged into a single product line. Many of their products (e.g., reefLink, Apex; Radion and Hydra) are essentially redundant.
I didn't say "your" mother read carefully. Light hearted joke bounced off your mothership

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was the mothership thats all, whats your point!
I'm sorry, I must not be smart enough to understand...
What are you saying with this?
I thought I made my point pretty clear with the distinction between a privately owned business where the owner is trying to find the best products on the market to keep the customers happy vs a corporate business that pushes the products of the different brands of suppliers and will almost certainly have an inherent bias toward its own products.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please keep it friendly and void of personal jabs.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, I must not be smart enough to understand...
What are you saying with this?
I thought I made my point pretty clear with the distinction between a privately owned business where the owner is trying to find the best products on the market to keep the customers happy vs a corporate business that pushes the products of the different brands of suppliers and will almost certainly have an inherent bias toward its own products.
They may, they may not, who knows for sure. Thats just your opinion until its proven true. Just like I have my opinions..

Thats ok its not test of how smart anyone is...

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may, they may not, who knows for sure. Thats just your opinion until its proven true. Just like I have my opinions..

Thats ok its not test of how smart anyone is...
Oh, I see. I misunderstood your intent when you asked about the toll earlier.
Yes, we all have opinions based on our own experiences and we don't know how this will turn out until time tells.

I think the capitalistic corporate path has fairly biased statistics towards one outcome, but that is my opinion based on my own interpretations.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the troll toll, how much do you charge
91ecedf5-56e9-47b9-b71e-f60c1cf08dac_text.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back