OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PICS! Lol

But for the socks I would change out every 3 days or so. Dont wait for it to clog. Once it turns that nasty brown color I would swap it out for a clean one.
Thank you hybridazn. I know I am probably pushing it. But I do that with everything to see how long it will function correctly. Yes, its ugly brown, but still flowing well! I am pretty sure I can get 5 days out of it, then throw it in the washing machine and wash it. I carbon dose my system, so I know it will consume it. Maybe tomorrow I will change it out! I will post some pics tomorrow......................WITH THE NEW BLADE LIGHT! And my refugium all prettied up!

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hipower,
Congrats! Cannot wait to see it. I think your really going to enjoy it. So far so good for me. I love it compared to what I had!

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellsinki,
Well day #5 and no warping as of yet. I do run a chiller so maybe the cooler temps make a difference. We will see!!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder why these things seem to warp, isnt there any type of support bracing underneath?

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adding my experience with the Eshopps gen3 r-200 here at it's nearly the exact same setup, only a little larger and two inlets. I was getting some micro-bubbles returning into the DT due to having the protein skimmer in the 3rd chamber, but now that it's a little more broken in that is down to nearly 0. I considered adding a little filter floss to the return gate from chamber 3 to 4 and I will try it out if the bubbles ever return.
screenshot.jpg

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has support bracing all the way around the bottom of the lid. No warping as of yet! Can you post a picture of it on here so we can see it??
Seastar: I would not recommend putting anything in front of that grate. NEVER. As you could have a overflow. Sounds like the unit and the skimmer just needed to break in.
I have no bubbles at all returning to the display tank.

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the filter sock last night. I was exhausted tired! I got my Razor Refugium light and boy is it nice and bright! Two channels one for 10k whites and another for blues!!!! Really nice and heavy duty too. I also got a mini Eheim 300 compact to run my reactor with Rowa in it. I need to post some pics, I will later this evening. Beat up tired from the heat wave here in So. Ca. Very very hot! I love my chiller, as I never have to worry about my tank getting too warm. Maybe that's why my lid has not warped. Tank runs at a constant 78.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just adding my experience with the Eshopps gen3 r-200 here at it's nearly the exact same setup, only a little larger and two inlets. I was getting some micro-bubbles returning into the DT due to having the protein skimmer in the 3rd chamber, but now that it's a little more broken in that is down to nearly 0. I considered adding a little filter floss to the return gate from chamber 3 to 4 and I will try it out if the bubbles ever return.
screenshot.jpg
Could you put a filter sock or something on the outlet tube of the skimmer to catch the bubbles? I would rather do that than put something to block flow thru the sump

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPSREEFS @hybridazn thank you both! Yeah I actually tried putting a little filter floss in front of that gate just to test it and the 3rd chamber immediately began to fill up. NOT going to be doing that again.

The filter sock on the outlet tube is a great idea, thanks!

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seastar,
Glad we could help buddy! As it all breaks in and gets a slime coat on everything, the bubbles will disappear for sure! I'm really impressed with this sump so far. I really love it!!

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve,
Hi and thanks for posting! Nothing yet. Just a bag of ceramic bio media in my refugium. I am going to be working on it tonight. I have good live rock and rubble in another tank. I do like bioballs very much and my overflow is loaded with them to the top. They provide a huge surface area for bacteria, and that's what my carbon dosed tank needed.
I originally was going to fill the refugium with bio balls, but that is pretty boring for sure.
I have decided to spics it up a bit, and may add some sort of algae in the refugium. Just to try and stabilize the system further with the fuge light running at night.

kstone2274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same Avanced R200 G3 and i dont get any micro bubbles. Only thing i can complain about is the skimmer chamber is not adjustable

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve,
Hi and thanks for posting! Nothing yet. Just a bag of ceramic bio media in my refugium. I am going to be working on it tonight. I have good live rock and rubble in another tank. I do like bioballs very much and my overflow is loaded with them to the top. They provide a huge surface area for bacteria, and that's what my carbon dosed tank needed.
I originally was going to fill the refugium with bio balls, but that is pretty boring for sure.
I have decided to spics it up a bit, and may add some sort of algae in the refugium. Just to try and stabilize the system further with the fuge light running at night.
Thanks so much cause I actually just purchased the same sump as you and I'm just trying to figure out what I want to use in the fuge and which types of macro algae my only concern is a possible small cycle period if I add fresh live sand

OP
OP
SPSREEFS

SPSREEFS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steven,
I personally would add dry sand if I where you. I feel it would be safer. It will eventually multiply with critters. If you add live rock they will migrate from the rock to the sand as well.
Live rock rubble is fine too and will serve as a safe haven for copepods and zooplankton to multiply. They will then be put back into your main tank for food etc.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back