Fish list for RS 525XL mixed reef

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the variety of fish and the colors. We need to get together soon, I wanna see that tank! I'm foreseeing a plymouth trip this weekend.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add slowly, test frequently. Inches of fish per gallon is the most useless and archaic guideline ever.

Good to know! So looking at this list and knowing the dimensions and volume of the tank do you think its over crowded? What order and in what numbers should these be added? I have the watchman, firefish, and melanarus that will be added first all at once to make room in my 20g for QT the next group. I was thinking do all the wrasse next. Then blenny, cardinals, and anthias. Then tangs last. Dont know best time to add the clowns. Was thinking last with the tangs. Just taking a guess here :)

Thanks!

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the variety of fish and the colors. We need to get together soon, I wanna see that tank! I'm foreseeing a plymouth trip this weekend.

You going fish shopping?!

Yes, I was in touch with "the man" at Plymouth. They are going to work with me and get all the fish on the list. May not be able to get everything ideally when I want to add them tho. Well, thats their challange, ill just have to hope for the best :)

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said they can get everything on that list in 1-2 weeks :eek:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You going fish shopping?!

Yes, I was in touch with "the man" at Plymouth. They are going to work with me and get all the fish on the list. May not be able to get everything ideally when I want to add them tho. Well, thats their challange, ill just have to hope for the best :)
That order sounds good. Clowns can be added whenever.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether or not you add a clam makes a big difference as to whether or not you could roll the dice on a dwarf angel or butterfly. ;)

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether or not you add a clam makes a big difference as to whether or not you could roll the dice on a dwarf angel or butterfly. ;)

I may skip out on keeping clams. Do you think the addition of an angel and butterfly would pose any compatibility issues with presently listed fish? My concern is overcrowding at this point.

And lets get some sp. suggestion too ;)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the Coral Beauty is typically the most "reef safe" dwarf angel. At least in my experience. But nothing is guaranteed and things can change as they mature.

A Pyramid Butterfly is the only "reef safe" butterfly, but personally I would roll the dice on a Copperband. They are beautiful fish with such an amazing personality. Other than clams, they will sometimes nip at zoas and fleshy LPS like acans. I would add the butterfly before the angel & tangs to mitigate aggression.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the Coral Beauty is typically the most "reef safe" dwarf angel. At least in my experience. But nothing is guaranteed and things can change as they mature.

A Pyramid Butterfly is the only "reef safe" butterfly, but personally I would roll the dice on a Copperband. They are beautiful fish with such an amazing personality. Other than clams, they will sometimes nip at zoas and fleshy LPS like acans. I would add the butterfly before the angel & tangs to mitigate aggression.

Yup a CB and Pyramid would probably be choices i would make. A flame angel instead of CB an option but its less reef compatible than CB. Would love a coral banded, but acans and euphyllia are my favorite lps.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup a CB and Pyramid would probably be choices i would make. A flame angel instead of CB an option but its less reef compatible than CB. Would love a coral banded, but acans and euphyllia are my favorite lps.

Just make sure you always have a fish trap handy. ;)

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty ignores hammer corals, acans ans chalices....oh and montipora, I wouldd risk mine with a cheap clam at first....but then I also feed fresh clams so it might not be a good idea

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 61 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back