Fish list for RS 525XL mixed reef

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anampses and leopards have something of a reputation for delicacy, though I've never worked with them myself. (bipartitus are on my wishlist, though!) Scott's has a rep as one of the biggest and meanest of the fairies.

Of those on your list, I have a red-head solorensis and a Bali exquisite fairy in my tank, and they get along well together. Of possible interest is the very different ways they have of swimming: The solorensis tends to glide slowly while maintaining neutral bouyancy, while the exquisite has more of a choppy movement, and seems as though he might sink if he ever slowed down. (He pretty much never does...)

~Bruce

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anampses and leopards have something of a reputation for delicacy, though I've never worked with them myself. (bipartitus are on my wishlist, though!) Scott's has a rep as one of the biggest and meanest of the fairies.

Of those on your list, I have a red-head solorensis and a Bali exquisite fairy in my tank, and they get along well together. Of possible interest is the very different ways they have of swimming: The solorensis tends to glide slowly while maintaining neutral bouyancy, while the exquisite has more of a choppy movement, and seems as though he might sink if he ever slowed down. (He pretty much never does...)

~Bruce

I would rather have the leopard wrasse of the two. Too bad about Scott's. Thanks for the feedback!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias usually ignore other fish in the tank, though bartletts can display some feistiness toward other planktivores, such as similarly sized fairy or flasher wrasses.

Bruce was right on about the sensitivities of leopard and Anampses wrasses. He was also correct about the temperament of the Scott's fairy.

I would recommend against a cleaner wrasse in your case. They are better suited for a larger tank with more potential client fish.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured the cleaner wrasse wasnt going to have much to clean but I liked the look of it :) agreed tho, ill take it off the list along with the scott's. There are still quite a few left on there...lol. More eliminations pls.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured the cleaner wrasse wasnt going to have much to clean but I liked the look of it :) agreed tho, ill take it off the list along with the scott's. There are still quite a few left on there...lol. More eliminations pls.
C. solorensis and C. cf. cyanopleura are very close relatives so may behave more aggressively with each other than with the other fairies. Beyond that it's a matter of personal preference.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I pulled the Cyanopleura off the list. Ive heard that only one species of leopard can be in a tank, correct?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I pulled the Cyanopleura off the list. Ive heard that only one species of leopard can be in a tank, correct?
Nope. Different species will coexist fine. Mixing males doesn't always work out, but females are fine.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose a pair of premium ORA Black Snowflake (Amphiprion ocellaris) clownfish. Im hoping the A. ocellaris species will allow for decent fish intergration. Im considering a heteractis magnifica for them to host, if it would calm them even more. Otherwise I would prefer to host them in a Euphyllia. I would rather not chance a big nem rolling around.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would like to use these wrasse and maybe have some nice flashing and not fighting.

Where do you think I stand as far as tankmate capacity with the list generated on OP, and the remaining wrasse? I have a diamond goby, and firefish that will need to be added. I would like a mindas blenny or blue dot jawfish, yasha goby pistol combo maybe two pairs, and ember blenny (cirripectes stigmaticus) is one I really been wanting. Maybe a pair of them.

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to see the tagged stuff. I'm probably just as excited for this tank as you are. Just expect me over more often to look at the tank [emoji23]

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated the origional post with a visual poster. Probably wont add midas, yasha, but like the blue flashing wrasse a lot.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eatbreakfast im scratching the midas blenny and yasha.

Since we last talked I would like to add potters wrasse, blue flashing wrasse, and a pair of banggai cardinal.

Have a look at the origional post please and thanks.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kuiteri leopards can be aggressive toward other leopards. Choose either the potters or the kuiteri, not both.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, updated fish list again. Replaced Kuiters with black leopard, and removed potters. My delima is that going by my math, im overstocked by 20" of fish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back