OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried the seneye? has a light meter and is no where near the cost of a traditional par meter
Not yet, I've read about it but, it hasn't peaked my interest enough yet to order one.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a great tank and setup, keep up the great work. Enjoyed all of the pictures!
@jdpiii3 thank you, I've been follow your 400 build for a while now. Great build with a inspirational story to go along with it, I'm so very sorry for you loss!

Last edited:
OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are things going Alex?

Some setbacks, after getting all my fish through QT I thought I was good-to-go but, I couldn't have been more wrong!

A major ich outbreak and 8 weeks of 1.008SG, followed by a cyano 4-day treatment, 80-gallon water change 2 5-gallon buckets of skimmer overflow (thx chemiclean), so much chaeto growth (lack of denitrifying bacteria, killed by the cyano treatment), and finally 5lbs of ROX8 to be safe, things are starting to turn a corner for the better!

I have a GAC changeout tonight followed by a the recommended ( 6 bottles ) amount of Dr. Tim's One and Only.

Last edited:
OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot...
Red Planaria and Amphiscolops sp. to boot!

At least the low SG killed them off!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Sorry to hear this Alex but I'm glad everything is getting better :D When I use chemiclean (rarely anymore), I do half doses. Can't run the skimmer until 2 wc's and remove chaeto and other macro, if any, while treating and for 2 wc's after.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Sorry to hear this Alex but I'm glad everything is getting better :D When I use chemiclean (rarely anymore), I do half doses. Can't run the skimmer until 2 wc's and remove chaeto and other macro, if any, while treating and for 2 wc's after.
Thx Jackie!

I gambled that the chaeto would aid me some in nutrient export and it has, so far no algae issues outside the trimming the chaeto back 2 times a week (growing like a weed). I knew that as soon as I turned the skimmer on it would go nuts, so didn't turn it back on until I did an 80-gallon water change, but even then it still managed to fill 10-gallons worth of water from it overflowing, and even that was with the gate valve fully open!

Also only have my T5 on during the daytime hours now, the MH are off for the next two weeks or so until I can replenish my bacteria count some.

Last edited:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the troubles Alex. It's always something in this silly hobby!

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the troubles Alex. It's always something in this silly hobby!
If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. <--- so very true in with this hobby!!!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. <--- so very true in with this hobby!!!

+1. I love this quote.

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some setbacks, after getting all my fish through QT I thought I was good-to-go but, I couldn't have been more wrong!

A major ich outbreak and 8 weeks of 1.008SG, followed by a cyano 4-day treatment, 80-gallon water change 2 5-gallon buckets of skimmer overflow (thx chemiclean), so much chaeto growth (lack of denitrifying bacteria, killed by the cyano treatment), and finally 5lbs of ROX8 to be safe, things are starting to turn a corner for the better!

I have a GAC changeout tonight followed by a the recommended ( 6 bottles ) amount of Dr. Tim's One and Only.

WHOA! what?? oh man bro sorry to hear about that. You definitely made a come back tho.

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alex. Quick question. So the corals would still be okay right? i think i might be having an ich outbreak in my tank soon. My tang has ich. Its on and off tho.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back