OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHOA! what?? oh man bro sorry to hear about that. You definitely made a come back tho.
Thanks Bro!
Hey Alex. Quick question. So the corals would still be okay right? i think i might be having an ich outbreak in my tank soon. My tang has ich. Its on and off tho.
Nope not at that SG level, I had to move all corals and inverts to other holding tanks I had.
I had too many fish (large and small) to rehouse them for treatment, so low SG was my only option.
If you can't do that you would be better off catching them for treatment in a medical tank, just don't wait to long.

Edited:
It should be noted that at that level of SG bacterial we really starts to die off, I gambled that my chaeto would be able to keep up with the fish waste and I won. But each system is different and you might have to find alternate means of nutrient export.

Last edited:

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your issues,
WE all have our setbacks at times. hope it'll all be back on track soon.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your issues,
WE all have our setbacks at times. hope it'll all be back on track soon.
Thank you and I agreed, we just need to push forward and learn from our mistakes so that we don't repeat them. :(

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and I agreed, we just need to push forward and learn from our mistakes so that we don't repeat them. :(

Like you said a few posts ago Alex, it's not the mistakes themselves that define us, it's how we handle them moving forward! You'll be laughing about this one in due time!

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey bro. So I got 5 cleaner shrimps the other day and today no more ich on any of the fish. They have been cleaning the fish like crazy. lol but im sure its because it wasnt a crazy outbreak. i will still monitor the progress to see if they return.

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked this room out in person yesterday and WOWZER. It was extremely impressive, everything well planned and placed. It has given me plenty ideas for a fish room in the future. Thanks again Alex.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked this room out in person yesterday and WOWZER. It was extremely impressive, everything well planned and placed. It has given me plenty ideas for a fish room in the future. Thanks again Alex.
Anytime bro, and thank you for the kind words.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Alex, sorry about what happened :( FWIW... Yeah I learned a long time ago about chemiclean killing off chaeto and pods. If I ever need to use it now i put my chaeto in pantyhose (traps the pods inside) then put it in another tank while treating and keep it there for 2 wc's after treatment is over. I also don't run my7 skimmer for at least 2-3 wc. I also only dose .5 of their recommened amount. It works the same but appears to take a day or 2 longer to see it.

I hope your ich losses are minimal to none. I lost a whole tank 5 uears ago because of 1 fish and that bugger is still alive today!

How are your corals fairing through all of this?

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, just realized i already commented about the chemiclean. So busy and tired these days sometimes I think I've lost my marbles... apologies
emoji14.png
haha, none needed Jackie... ;)
Things have REALLY rebounded nicely, leaving the cheato in avoided the pit falls of killing off all my good nitrifying bacteria, lease I think it did, as it's growth went through the roof.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fantastic!!! I'm so glad :D

I have noticed a pattern that when my tank gets cyano it is only when I go from an open house to closed and begin running the AC and only if I've slacked a little with maintenance during that time. Otherwise my tank is clear of cyano the rest of the year lol

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing daily 1% WC sense the issues passed, can't begin to express how big of a difference it seemed to make to the general over-all health of the system.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have been trying to think up a way (due to location of my tank) to have daily wc. Every system I see or have read about that does this have great results.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have been trying to think up a way (due to location of my tank) to have daily wc. Every system I see or have read about that does this have great results.
Have you seen this video, maybe it might give you an adaptable idea?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, interesting idea! I was thinking of something similar using a timer and auto shutoff from the adjacent bedroom but would need to go up to the attic and back down. Stealing my daughters closet lol. Her closet backs up to the main bathroom sink (creating rodi access and holding in the closet). The reason to go up and over is because the room's entry is in the way. And that is my concern. My attic is about 200+ degrees in summer.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow, been a bit busy with work and other stuff haven't put too much time into it, but I see your system is looking very sharp, love all the pics you recently added!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back