Fish you have/had kept but wouldnt keep again

Currdawg12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a yellow tang, hippo tang, 3 chromis, 3 anthids, two clowns, diamond goby, salfin tang, six line wrasse, and yellow wrasse and i love them all and have never had a problem out of any of them

BigRed78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I’m not totally against keeping them again but I won’t mix them with smaller fish any more. My ocellaris clownfish turned out to be a bunch of jerks. Once they got about a year old they started harassing everything. Even my juvi harlequin tusk. They also used to bite me whenever I put my arm in the tank.

gapgawwd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flameback angel, He use to terrorize my fish. One day he went at my Yasha and met his demise from the pistol shrimp.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, after reading this post I'm afraid to put any fish in my tank. Actually I've had a lot of these fish before with very little problems. The one exception would be a Tomato Clown. That thing would attack me every time I put my hand in the tank. I took care of him though. How yo ask? Well every time I put my hand in the tank I went after him, I would flick him with my finger and pock him with whatever I had in my hand. He would try to hide in his anemone and I would still poke him till he would leave his anemone and hide in the rockwork. After a while any time I put my hand in the tank he would run and hide. If I seen him stick his head out I would go after him, I was relentless.
Oooo I love when I connect on a good flick. I’ve been running this method with my snowflake that went loco. So far Less bites, but I’ll se how much glue I have on my fingers when I place my frags next week. She’s loves to time it right after I break the film and try to hold it in place. Disrespectful

Sigmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Banded Pipefish. Have lots of success with Blue Stripe and Red Banded, but the orange I have not had success keeping alive. In a very mature reef with providing live food daily.

Clowns - mean and for me not very interesting. My first saltwater fishes ever pair of Percs that lasted 10 yrs. did love both of them though.

Any Tang. Just don’t care for them.

sure I won’t make a lot of friends with this post.

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a Pixy Hawkfish. The one I have right now has already killed one wrasse and took a huge chunk out of another. I can’t catch him without breaking down my tank. I didn’t think they were supposed to be this aggressive. :( Too bad because I like him otherwise.
reminds me of a strawberry hawkfish I think it was called that I liked and think I will avoid now as I would hate to lose any of my wrasses

costaricareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread. Hadn't seen it. I once had a Green Moray (Gymnothorax Funebris). Small, about a foot long. Grew quickly to almost 3 feet and super thick, and ate EVERYTHING. Beautiful fish though. Don't do it unless it's a very big tank and you don't mind her eating the fish.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicolor blenny. Absolutely love his personality, but he eats my corals. So far he's destroyed a platygyra and a stylophora and is currently nipping at my green slimer and a jack-o-lantern lepto. I've tried overfeeding, but once these guys get a taste for coral they won't stop.

Why they are sold as 100% reef safe is completely beyond as I'm not the only person who's had this problem. There are too many other types of blennies that don't eat coral for me to get one again. Plus a tailspot is way more colorful.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels (Aside from most Amphiprion)
Zebrasoma tangs (Unless I get my hands on an extremely rare Rostratum)
Any Eel
Sixline wrasses
Jade wrasses
Small Possum wrasses

Aquaman11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moorish Idol. Had one for a about a year. Ate very well but began to get thinner over time and eventually died.

Pearse73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bangaii cardinal. What? Is probably the reaction of most people but bear with me.
I went to work one morning leaving a happy peaceful tank. Came home that evening to a dead Chromis, a dead red Firefish, a Royal Gramma that was badly injured and a fairy wrasse in the same state. Both fish being attacked constantly by the cardinal. I caught it and dumped him on the sump until I could move it on. The two injured fish died the next day.
I will never ever have one of those fish in my tank again.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon clowns. Too big. Too mean.

Gawlfa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clown. My clowns love to bite me. I even had one that accelerated to attack speed so it could jump out of the water to bite my arm when I was reaching over the tank. I tend to call them curse words during water changes.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never hurts, always startles me enough that I yank my hand up and make a mess.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back