OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates on the tang:
Tail appears to be healing up now that lymph appears 95% gone!

The 'flashing' does still exist. Any suggestions? They're my first fish ever, so I don't know if this is normal behavior or not, but to me it appears to try & scratch something off.
Copper levels are still good, and those 'ich-like' spots from page 3 disappeared within 1-2 days.

First dose of prazi success, no cloud - second dose (after a 25% wc) begins Sunday

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates on the tang:
Tail appears to be healing up now that lymph appears 95% gone!

The 'flashing' does still exist. Any suggestions? They're my first fish ever, so I don't know if this is normal behavior or not, but to me it appears to try & scratch something off.
Copper levels are still good, and those 'ich-like' spots from page 3 disappeared within 1-2 days.

First dose of prazi success, no cloud - second dose (after a 25% wc) begins Sunday

That's not normal behavior. The scratching can sometimes continue for the whole treatment period but it seems to be rare. It happened to some of my fish as well during treatment. You'll want to complete the second dose of prazi before making any conclusions about the scratching.

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not normal behavior. The scratching can sometimes continue for the whole treatment period but it seems to be rare. It happened to some of my fish as well during treatment. You'll want to complete the second dose of prazi before making any conclusions about the scratching.
Ok will do
Could copper create the same urge?

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. So technically after 10 days copper, and 2 weeks prazi, worms and parasites should be off of the fish and the remaining 20 days of copper or to kill them while in the water.

So if scratching continues then I would need to look for other signs of worms and parasites to kill off

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlikely. Scratching is usually either because parasites/worms are still present OR the fish's skin itches because it is healing from where parasites/worms had been feeding.
Re reading the symptom / treatment database, and recalled that all 3 fish showed signs of yawning one time or another.
Dose 2 prazi begins today!

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished both doses of prazi (1 full week each, only did 50% wc instead of 100 after round 2, copper still in the system for 2 more weeks)

Witnessed more flashing today. Thoughts?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Witnessed more flashing today. Thoughts?

Behavioral symptoms can persist for a little while even after parasites/worms are gone from the fish. Where they were feeding creates an itching sensation as new skin tissue & scales grow in, akin to the aftereffects of sunburn in humans.

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Behavioral symptoms can persist for a little while even after parasites/worms are gone from the fish. Where they were feeding creates an itching sensation as new skin tissue & scales grow in, akin to the aftereffects of sunburn in humans.
Copy that.
I was planning an additional 2 weeks after copper is done just to observe. Do you think this would be sufficient to better gauge if behavioral, or a different condition?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy that.
I was planning an additional 2 weeks after copper is done just to observe. Do you think this would be sufficient to better gauge if behavioral, or a different condition?

Yes, 2 weeks is a good observation period after treatments are all finished.

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at that glorious tail!!!! YAY! healed all up =D
6P8tBUSRIvMoX4xlbKX7J4U89tDW8.jpg

When I was doing my 100% WC (to clear all medicine from the system), one of my clowns took a leap onto the floor!
He was on the floor for all about 5-10 seconds max, and so far is acting normal, & eating.

Anything in particular I should watch out for during the next week? Not sure what common issues can arise from a jump and the flop onto the ground. Maybe pop eye?

(it happened from about 3 ft, from my small temp container they were in while I was netting one of the other fish to put them back in. my QT is always covered)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything in particular I should watch out for during the next week? Not sure what common issues can arise from a jump and the flop onto the ground. Maybe pop eye?

I would just keep an eye on him and feed vitamin soaked foods. Clownfish are tough. ;)

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish are doing great! Clown survived his little incident and they all appear to really enjoy the new tank!

I noticed these 3x black dots on the tang in a triangular fashion. It's hard to see if these dots are holes or bumps.
My thoughts is making she got injured while she hides in the rocks? Maybe scraped herself?
She did go through 2x sessions or Prazi & 30 days of copper in quarentine.
The dots have been there for about 3-4 days, and havn't developed or moved in other areas of the body.

Love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks,

6PNMmeSsTPmfI4c81xapb1O8SExng.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How odd. No behavioral symptoms to go along wtih this? Possibly a sting or something.

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How odd. No behavioral symptoms to go along wtih this? Possibly a sting or something.
None that I can see. She eats like a pig! Has a good size belly, & see her munching on the rocks now & then.

Very very occasionally I'll see a 'flash', I'll catch a glimpse maybe once a week. MAYBE twice, but its a really really quick one if so, vs in QT it was happening daily a few times a day.
Her favorite hiding spot is right ontop of a sunburst monti. Not sure if that would sting.

Then again, I'm not monitoring 24/7 , so who knows what's really going on

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, one more note. Looks like what is like stringy poop (first time ever noticing on this fish, didn't see any in QT).
The string itself is colorless, so I guess white then? Has a piece of brown poop attached

My clowns had stringy poop that looked like it was from worms, but this 'string' looks more like a dog hair to me... which I wouldn't be surprised if she ate one of my pets hairs >_>

As said, she did go through 2x sessions of prazi @ bottle dose, done 7 days apart with a 25% wc - BUT I did use a syringe to measure out the prazi if I recall. Is it possible since the syringe used had a needle was very thin, so they didn't get a good prazi session? Not sure if there are 'thicker' parts to the medicine that needed to be dosed as well, and the needle was too thin to withdraw it. The lil clown did have stringy poop & both YAWNED a lot prior to prazi, so I would like to think it worked as it should, since neither have done so since

6PNTLCbTBymzeAxqEZQtwDuWuZiD3.jpg

Back