Fungus/Tail Rot/Nothing? - Blue Tang in QT

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that doesn't look like the normal white stringy poop of intestinal worms. It could be a dog hair or something like you said. I once saw a fish pooping out a rubber band. That was weird.

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that doesn't look like the normal white stringy poop of intestinal worms. It could be a dog hair or something like you said. I once saw a fish pooping out a rubber band. That was weird.
!!!! Ohhhh kayyy, now I've heard it all! lol

Great, I'll just keep an eye out then! Cheers!

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 more update for this thread I found interesting. This is geared more @ the QT than the Blue tang.

Have fish in QT, and yesterday I did a 25% WC, shook the sponge in a bucket of the old water, added new medicated water, than dosed my 2nd dose of prazi.
I noticed the prazi was dose slightly higher than recommended (used a measuring spoon instead of a pipette this time), and the 10gal tank probably got 3.2ml instead of the bottle recommended 2.5

Today - roughly 20 hours later, the water is slightly cloudy. Not too cloudy, but enough to indicate a bloom.

My thoughts is that since this was the 2nd dose of prazi, and it didn't cloud the first time, that the bloom might be actually due to my shake of the sponge in the bucket - possibility knocking off too much of the good bacteria!
Water was clear yesterday! Love to hear your thoughts, but I'll be keeping an eye on the cloudiness.

Note: if i were to do a water change, would I do the water change with pre-prazipro medicated water?

**Edit note: the sailfin & coral beauty were breathing pretty rapidly yesterday after the dose of prazi.. especially the sailfin. Today its still higher than normal breathing, but much less than yesterday
All swim normal & eat normal though

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if prazi had been in the water less than 24 hrs. (Fish only need 24 hrs worth of exposure time for prazi to do its job.)
Interesting. So the 7 day period after prazi I assume is for:
1) To not stress the fish with back-to-back treatments
2) To not overdose the concentration of the medicine in the water

OP
OP
tutmatt3

tutmatt3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it a certain humble member ;)... such as mel! =D

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%

Back