How much did they take you for and what did you get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
USMA36

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no financial interest in BRS. But I just don't understand why everyone is bashing them.

1. Their customer service is one of the best in the industry. Never an issue with returns and they always seem to have what I need in stock. I mean, where else can you buy something and have up to a YEAR to return it?
  2. If I was BRS, I would be insulted by "How much did they take you for?". There are plenty of alternatives if BRS rubs you the wrong way. Don't blame BRS because you were lazy and impulsive, jumping on your purchase because you wouldn't take the time to do your homework.
  3. Have I purchased from BRS in the past and paid too much? Yes. But that's on me because I could have searched and purchased for less if I had put the work in.
Sorry to ruffle feathers, but in the end, if you feel you were "taken", you've no one to blame but the person in the mirror.

Dom
Wow. I knew someone would not get the comedy behind the post. I guess that's you...Congrats.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 14 lb box lol. It contained exactly what I ordered :) That makes me happy because they sent the right stuff! I’ll definitely be ordering from them more often, they packed it well and shipped it fast.

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About $250 for me over 4 orders. I would have needed about $100 worth of it anyways, and the other $150 was wishlist. Good news is the deals made my wife sugest was the time to buy. Bad news is I spent more than I should have. Ohh well. Didn't quote realize the genious of the marketing of the week long giveaway untill about halfway through. Seems alot of upset people who didn't win anything afterwards mad that they spent so much money. I get it, but at the same time everyone had to know there is a slim chance of winning, even when giving away 100,000k of stuff. I just take it as finally getting those few items that have been on my wish list for over a year.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent about $90 bucks. Delivered a few minutes ago with exactly what I ordered. Pleased with the new FOWLR circulation pump and got the plumbing piece I needed to go with my clownfish barracks tank build.

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is out of yesterday’s box, one more to go.

87B9DFD1-2F4D-4554-8091-3741F374A3A6.jpeg

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy, they really liked you @KWT! lol Got my last orders today. One had a free gift! A package of Chromis food pellets. I was looking around for some new food to try so I'm happy. Thanks to BRS for the 10% off, the excitement and the food. ;Happy

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes things happen. I ordered mostly what I needed and a couple back up items that were on sale. I also picked up some Secret Santa items for the package I am putting together.

Thank you very much BRS, it was a fun week for sure, please pass on to the staff for the great job and effort to put on this event.

Last edited:

Stroja62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i spent 250 and ordered lots of random stuff. i got an acropower. i dont/cant have hard corals. is there any other use for it?

Screenshot_20201104-222929_MyUS.jpg

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent roughly $250, order will be here tomorrow. Avast K1 kalk stirrer, some black hose, TLF ball valve and a 2 lb. bag of kalk powder. Would it be nice to win something? Absolutely.
Will I stop shopping with them if I don't win?
Absolutely NOT. Great company and I've spent thousands with them. They even sent out a nice RODI unit as a raffle prize for local reef club's Frag show, Kuddos.
Received my order tonight, I got the 4 items that I ordered but again, thanks to @Bulk Reef Supply for allowing the opportunity to participate. I needed the Kalk stirrer and it was nice saving 10% off the price as a bonus. Win, win over here.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I placed nine separate orders in an attempt to steal all the prizes. After carefully studying Ryan’s lunch/bathroom schedule, I timed my orders perfectly and, according to my calculations, I will win exactly $7489.00 of prizes.

I have received all of my orders. Here are the results:

Order #1: no prize
Order #2: no prize
Order #3: no prize
Order #4: no prize
Order #5: no prize
Order #6: no prize
Order #7: no prize
Order #8: no prize
Order #9: no prize

After further evaluation I have come to the conclusion that my previous calculations were not accurate.

Should I have waited till Black Friday? That’s a REEF CERTAINTY!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back