How much did they take you for and what did you get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS got 42 dollars from me.....it would’ve been 29 dollars but I didn’t wanna pay for shipping.....so I had to spend 39 dollars at least. Yup, you guessed right I WON nothing. Am I mad? No. Do I feel hustled? Absolutely!

Gravity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent around $200 over three orders and no luck here. All necessary stuff small hydro power head, pipe fitting, Re-Fresh, RO filter cartridges and a booster pump with auto flush. Would have bought more stuff like an ATK if they put Neptune on sale.

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last thing I bought from BRS was a 5-stage RODI system, then an upgrade for it to add a TDS meter and flush valve. Spent about $285.

IMG_2161.JPG

Derek4real

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wanting to spend more money, but the KEY items i wanted to order were out of stock. I need some BRS Titanium Heaters and some 60" ATI Pure Actinc Bulbs. I did end up purchasing (3) G5 XR30 Difussers and some Rimless DIY Screen corners AND DID get a free ESHOPPS Overflow box.

If there could be a way to allow us to buy or prepay items that are out of stock, and have those items just ship as soon as the hit the warehouse, that would be awesome.

Not sure how the idea would of doing a computer generated randomized order selection (so the just mention above could participate) vs. just going down to the shipping room. But just an idea.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So how much did the marketing genus's of BRS take you for and what did did you buy that you probably didn't need.....I'll start. 200ish. I bought bone cutters, angles forceps, polyp labs camera filters, a Flipper tank magnifyer, Aptasiax and some Rox carbon.

The marketing genius' at BRS did not take me for anything. I bought what I wanted - If you bought stuff you didnt need - im not sure I would blame it on BRS - its a friendly site - so I won't say what I want. Next time - dont buy stuff you didn't need?

Derek4real

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if you want to "game the system" you could have made a single order for each item you wanted.

giphy.gif

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if you want to "game the system" you could have made a single order for each item you wanted.

giphy.gif

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Thats what I did! The wife looked very concerned today when 5 Boxes were laying on the porch!

PS. This igloo doghouse is quite warm after you've been in here for a few hours! hahaha

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. Have spent thousands over the years with them and not only have I never won anything, but I don't even know anyone that has so I'm done falling for their trickery plays. Not angry, just woke ;)
Now you know someone who has won. Two years ago I won this. I also heard my name called on the video for a Kessel light. I do have a common name though but my shipping confirmation came 12 minutes after the video so we shall see tomorrow when it is delivered.
Screenshot_20201103-223806_Chrome.jpg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I forgot to mention I won an RO Buddie!
But sadly I run 150gpd and the booster is rated for 50-100gpd... time to pay it forward.
6B486721-82D3-43A1-AB71-322EAA0E453C.jpeg
Nice! I was considering one of those to go with my RO Buddie before deciding to go with the Puratek deluxe. It should be here Friday from MD. I did place an order from BRS for a small plumbing part and a koralia 3rd gen 2450gph. Maybe I’ll get a surprise but not expecting to.
People:
Don’t buy crap you don’t need with an expectation of winning something. And don’t bash the company when there’s nothing extra in your box.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent roughly $250, order will be here tomorrow. Avast K1 kalk stirrer, some black hose, TLF ball valve and a 2 lb. bag of kalk powder. Would it be nice to win something? Absolutely.
Will I stop shopping with them if I don't win?
Absolutely NOT. Great company and I've spent thousands with them. They even sent out a nice RODI unit as a raffle prize for local reef club's Frag show, Kuddos.

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now you know someone who has won. Two years ago I won this. I also heard my name called on the video for a Kessel light. I do have a common name though but my shipping confirmation came 12 minutes after the video so we shall see tomorrow when it is delivered.
Screenshot_20201103-223806_Chrome.jpg

Nope don't know you. You can be someone from BRS posting for all I know. Good try though.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that all discounted items from yesterday were removed today making lots of us go over the $500. I really appreciate BRS, but if you're seriously going to scam people who are trying to win a contest, it's probably the quickest way to lose customers.
I was wondering if I made a mistake or not. :confused::oops:

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no financial interest in BRS. But I just don't understand why everyone is bashing them.

1. Their customer service is one of the best in the industry. Never an issue with returns and they always seem to have what I need in stock. I mean, where else can you buy something and have up to a YEAR to return it?
  2. If I was BRS, I would be insulted by "How much did they take you for?". There are plenty of alternatives if BRS rubs you the wrong way. Don't blame BRS because you were lazy and impulsive, jumping on your purchase because you wouldn't take the time to do your homework.
  3. Have I purchased from BRS in the past and paid too much? Yes. But that's on me because I could have searched and purchased for less if I had put the work in.
Sorry to ruffle feathers, but in the end, if you feel you were "taken", you've no one to blame but the person in the mirror.

Dom

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back