How much did they take you for and what did you get

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My second delivery (2 orders) came in yesterday with only what I ordered. One more delivery (2 orders) coming Tuesday. That one is 9.93 lbs for 2 bottles, 500ml & 100ml. Seems a little heavy. :) One can hope anyways.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My second delivery (2 orders) came in yesterday with only what I ordered. One more delivery (2 orders) coming Tuesday. That one is 9.93 lbs for 2 bottles, 500ml & 100ml. Seems a little heavy. :) One can hope anyways.
I’m hesitant to go by weight, because people have said they estimate it. But yeah almost ten lbs for 600 ml? I’ll hope with you!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nothing in the box but what I ordered, #2.
The obviously do not appreciate my business.
I am surprised that they do enough business that so few here have seen any appreciation.
Thats the way it goes. I expect to win nothing but they still have my support. Everytime one thinks they dont appreciate their business. . . watch one of their helpful videos as a reminder

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scanned through a few pages and am curious, theres a giveaway? I just ordered two buckets of Tropic Marin Salt the other day.

I have won a GHL doser and several smaller items from them durring a covid 19 giveaway! Ill never forget it. I was at work and watching the live giveaway where they say what items were in a winning order. I heard all my items and then my name. So crazy! So they saved me more than $500. The video is somewhere on youtube.

I won at 23:25

I have been buying from them since I started the hobby.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you check your package weight?
I checked it via the ups app.
8858133C-1536-4B39-9AE7-AE90685658DA.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that all discounted items from yesterday were removed today making lots of us go over the $500. I really appreciate BRS, but if you're seriously going to scam people who are trying to win a contest, it's probably the quickest way to lose customers.

To save you the hassle and being upset, seeing as you live in Canada like me you're not eligible for any of the Bulk Reef Supply contests or giveaways anyway :) So I wouldn't get too worked up about it

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To save you the hassle and being upset, seeing as you live in Canada like me you're not eligible for any of the Bulk Reef Supply contests or giveaways anyway :) So I wouldn't get too worked up about it
Yes you are, lol

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you are, lol

No, we are not eligible for ANY of there giveaways, I have had this discussion with them before. Unless things have recently changed, I would contact BRS because up until there last major giveaway, if you didn't live in the contiguous (or whatever word they have for it) 48 states you weren't eligible. And haven’t been for the last 5 years I've been in the hobby

From there F-Covid $10,000 giveaway this spring...
Screenshot_20201101-164043_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned earlier, it's nice & a bonus that BRS does this for reefers. We ALL spend our hard earned money on this hobby and it's a luxury to have a company as BRS that offers us informative videos, a wide variety & assortment of gear, customer service that is 2nd to none. When they have give-a-ways - not everyone is going to win (it would be nice but not realistic) They've spoiled us with sales & contests and if people keep complaining - what would your response be if they stopped? Name another retailer that offers everything tht BRS does.

To sum it up - "When was the last time Amazon gave you ANYTHING for Free?"

Again Thanks BRS

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey now... Amazon upsizes my shipping box all the time for free! Never once have they charged me for supersizing my shipping container.

Like that time I ordered two 64GB USB flash drives. Sure, they coulda just tossed them in a small padded envelope, but no!, they put them in a 12"x8" box. Heck, they even tossed in some free baggies of air for me!

If that's not generosity then I don't know what is.

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I mentioned earlier, it's nice & a bonus that BRS does this for reefers. We ALL spend our hard earned money on this hobby and it's a luxury to have a company as BRS that offers us informative videos, a wide variety & assortment of gear, customer service that is 2nd to none. When they have give-a-ways - not everyone is going to win (it would be nice but not realistic) They've spoiled us with sales & contests and if people keep complaining - what would your response be if they stopped? Name another retailer that offers everything tht BRS does.

Again Thanks BRS
Most definitely a very generous company. They have a ton of helpful videos too, which is icing on the cake for me. Like mentioned this is my first order from them. Sure the giveaways were enticing but I planned to order anyhow, because I have heard such good things about the company.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back