I finally got my first fish!

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally made the leap! I got my first fish which is a Firefish goby and his name is Gomez! I love him so much already! I've had him for four days and he seems to be liking the tank even though he's the only one in there! I want to know what's the best food to feed him. Also, some algae is starting to grow now that I've had the lights on for 4 days and I was wondering if it's time to get a clean up crew going. If so, what should I get?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Congratulations on your first fish!

DCA5101A-5B5C-4BCA-9F4A-04E2A01A3E3D.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I will try and find that food food. Is it online? Critters should I start with for the cleanup crew and will it cause a rise in the ammonia again?
You might be able to find Rod's online, but I believe LRS is only carried by local fish stores. Different Snails eat different things. My favorite go to things would be Trochus and money cowries. If you have sand, conchs are excellent. It is much easier to keep maintain the tank than it is to have to overhaul the tank from lack of maintenance.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group. Cuc is an important addition to your tank. You need to be specific with what you have. Do you have sand in the tank for one. Film algae on the glass, or full blown hair algae on the rocks? Congrats on the fish. I hope you have a lid, as all firefish will dart when startled. I saw my purple firefish launch 2 foot into the air and thankfully land back into the tank before.

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting to see some brown colored algae and some of the live rock nothing on the glass so far. I only had Marine flake food that I was feeding Gomez the fire fish. If you use frozen food you thought before you put it in there? I have aragonite substrate.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 119 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back