OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, and so happy for your excitement. Yes add cleanup crew very slowly the smaller the better. Water to Trochus snails one or two Nasraius , small red legged hermits.

best of luck. Make sure you have a tight lid

298D0608-BE7C-47D3-A5DD-B3A040CD322D.gif
It's only a 32-gallon all-in-one BioCube so I was thinking two Nassarius snails and 1 trochus snail and 1 crab. Somebody said you can't put green legged crabs and red legged crabs together oh, is this true?

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Thaw the frozen food and pour off the water that sits on it after its thawed the best you can before you dump it in your tank. That water is nutrient heavy that your fish won't miss, but algae will love.
Okay I will get some frozen food and Oaks Mall Cleanup Crew this weekend. What kind of Frozen food do you suggest?

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get small amounts of a couple kinds. If you have a local fish store where you got Gomez from, they usually have a freezer. Look in there. Prawn eggs, mises, chopped clams. See what the fish likes. My firefish picky. Just likes the Hikari pellets in the purple bag.

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Firefish are awesome fish to keep! Make sure you have a tight fitting lid and cover any holes where he could escape
My lid is tight and I'm pretty sure there's no where he can escape to. Gomez is pretty awesome!

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get small amounts of a couple kinds. If you have a local fish store where you got Gomez from, they usually have a freezer. Look in there. Prawn eggs, mises, chopped clams. See what the fish likes. My firefish picky. Just likes the Hikari pellets in the purple bag.
Okay, I will ask them what they fed him too.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lid is tight and I'm pretty sure there's no where he can escape to. Gomez is pretty awesome!
I'm glad you like him. Firefish are some of my favorite fish. I have 1 in my 75 gallon, my wife has a pair in her Fluval Evo, and I have a pair of helfrichi firefish waiting in quarantine for their tank to finish being built. I may end up getting a purple or pair of purples for my fluval evo as well.

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Def get a lid for Gomez…don’t ask me how I know
Everybody keeps saying make sure your lid is tight! That makes me a little nervous however I do have a all-in-one BioCube and the top is hard for me to even open hahaha!

blksubykid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody keeps saying make sure your lid is tight! That makes me a little nervous however I do have a all-in-one BioCube and the top is hard for me to even open hahaha!
Also be mindful where he is when doing maintenance. They can get startled easily…

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back