OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the bigger of the two is darting around the tank like against the wall and I saw the other one doing this as well a few days ago. Is that normal?

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a photo of this?

No, that is a symptom of internal parasites/intestinal worms.

Posted maybe the new ones are better, any info or anything you all need to help me and help my fish? Like I really want to help them. It's really upsetting that they seem to be hurting or in pain and I can't help. Should I take them out and treat or keep them in and use a reef safe worm/parasite killer like prazipro? Or do I need to get the meds to mix together with food?

Now that I mention food, the smaller one didn't seem to want much to eat even with a drop of garlic. The one with white stringy poop

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted maybe the new ones are better, any info or anything you all need to help me and help my fish? Like I really want to help them. It's really upsetting that they seem to be hurting or in pain and I can't help. Should I take them out and treat or keep them in and use a reef safe worm/parasite killer like prazipro? Or do I need to get the meds to mix together with food?

Now that I mention food, the smaller one didn't seem to want much to eat even with a drop of garlic. The one with white stringy poop

I don't see anything overtly wrong with the clown's mouth. In the other's case, I would put them both in QT and dose the tank with metroplex. You can soak the food with it as well since that's the best way to treat intestinal worms. If he eats it, then all the better, but at least the metro will be in the water and help some. They do drink some of their surrounding water.

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i have not seen that, his mouth seemed normal right after posting about it so im not sure what happened there, but i wish i coulda got a picture.

Anyways quick update, been treating with ich attack, turned my lights off last night, they seemed to like that. Maybe they just wanted some rest? lol. But the MAIN and BEST news was the lil guys poop was not white this morning. Still kinda stringy but it was a light brown. Will be monitoring them and updating, just wanted to share what i saw this morning. Also he had some energy this morning lol unlike last night.

oh i also started using some garlic drops on some of the Rods Food(herbivores) debating on getting frozen mysis for them tho becuase they dont seem to care for anything in the rods but the shrimp lol. maybe i just got the wrong one tho

Im getting my QT water today and the medicine for internal parasites. whats my best route for kill all internals? any other medications i should look into?

As of the short ten minutes of me being able to watch them closely before work things seemed to be looking up tho so theres good news for everyone following this post

and once again thank you everyone for your input its greatly appreciated :)

you all ROCK!!!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting my QT water today and the medicine for internal parasites. whats my best route for kill all internals? any other medications i should look into?

Sometimes Prazipro will do it; but in most instances you have to use a medication with contains metronidazole. Examples include: Seachem Metroplex, FishVet Metro-MS, API General Cure.

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes Prazipro will do it; but in most instances you have to use a medication with contains metronidazole. Examples include: Seachem Metroplex, FishVet Metro-MS, API General Cure.
If i use prazipro i can keep them in the main tank(28g) with corals and anemone correct? i read its reef safe, but would like to double check with you.

or am i just better off with the QT tank(10g) and using the strong meds?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i use prazipro i can keep them in the main tank(28g) with corals and anemone correct? i read its reef safe, but would like to double check with you.

or am i just better off with the QT tank(10g) and using the strong meds?

You can use prazi in the display, but it's not as effective with intestinal worms/parasites as metroplex. It's best to feed metroplex in the food combined with Focus.

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use prazi in the display, but it's not as effective with intestinal worms/parasites as metroplex. It's best to feed metroplex in the food combined with Focus.

thank you, i will be taking the fish out then and getting the strong stuff then. You all are the best

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone still following I got qt tank sparkling clean and set up yesterday, took a long time but I wanted to make sure it was super clean.

How long should I let it run before it's ok to put in fish?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone still following I got qt tank sparkling clean and set up yesterday, took a long time but I wanted to make sure it was super clean.

How long should I let it run before it's ok to put in fish?
Did you fill it with tank water or freshly mixed salt water?

I always prefer to let my salt water sit for at least a day before I put fish in it. Even though it may look like the salt mix has completely dissolved it may not be.

Did you seed the filter with a bacteria product? Or did you have a filter sponge in your DT that you brought over into your QT?

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you fill it with tank water or freshly mixed salt water?

I always prefer to let my salt water sit for at least a day before I put fish in it. Even though it may look like the salt mix has completely dissolved it may not be.

Did you seed the filter with a bacteria product? Or did you have a filter sponge in your DT that you brought over into your QT?

Well I just bought water from my lfs. I'm still super new to hobby and don't have rodi filter yet. I did put a medium power head in to help mix it all up.

As for the filter I used a new sponge and floss with a cap full of stability.

But I could also switch my dt sponge over if that would help? I assumed it would be bad because I need to eliminate a parasite.

Also the fish store sold my other half on a herbal reefsafe called hypercure, which after reading a post on here won't work and I'll have to get the real meds, having a hard time finding them at fish stores by me

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just bought water from my lfs. I'm still super new to hobby and don't have rodi filter yet. I did put a medium power head in to help mix it all up.

As for the filter I used a new sponge and floss with a cap full of stability.

But I could also switch my dt sponge over if that would help? I assumed it would be bad because I need to eliminate a parasite.

Also the fish store sold my other half on a herbal reefsafe called hypercure, which after reading a post on here won't work and I'll have to get the real meds, having a hard time finding them at fish stores by me
It is much harder to get good fish meds than it should be. That is one reason it is so important to get what you may need before you actually need it. :confused:

You should be ok to move the fish over now. Just test for ammonia regularly, add a cap full of stability every day for the next few days, and be careful how much you feed.

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is much harder to get good fish meds than it should be. That is one reason it is so important to get what you may need before you actually need it. :confused:

You should be ok to move the fish over now. Just test for ammonia regularly, add a cap full of stability every day for the next few days, and be careful how much you feed.

Awesome thank you :) ill be adding the stability as stated

Do you buy online? I have one fish store left to check and it's the farthest one from me lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you :) ill be adding the stability as stated

Do you buy online? I have one fish store left to check and it's the farthest one from me lol
I was able to find almost everything between 2 LFS's I have but the closest of the 2 is still a 1/2 hr drive.
I keep a good stock of Coppersafe, Metroplex, Kaneplex and Prazipro on hand. I keep a smaller amount of Biospira (my preference over stability) since I can easily get that from my local Petco.

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to find almost everything between 2 LFS's I have but the closest of the 2 is still a 1/2 hr drive.
I keep a good stock of Coppersafe, Metroplex, Kaneplex and Prazipro on hand. I keep a smaller amount of Biospira (my preference over stability) since I can easily get that from my local Petco.

Yeah I think I've used biospira before. Is that Fluvals brand?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think I've used biospira before. Is that Fluvals brand?
Instant Ocean. I like it because it is live, active bacteria where Stability is bacteria in a dormant state. The down side with Biospira is that it has a shorter shelf life and can't be exposed to high or low temperatures.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back