OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i rushed out to petco because it was the only thing open and i got some kordons ich attack, started treating. Nice because its an herbal treatment, weird smell, but my god that stuff works wonders. gave first dose last night around 9ish and by 7am this morning in my rush to work most of the spots had cleared up!!!! Going to continue the treatment with this stuff and pray for the best. Will be going to my lfs most likely after work today and getting the meds to mix with the food because i dont want them to have parasites and white stringy poop

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i rushed out to petco because it was the only thing open and i got some kordons ich attack, started treating. Nice because its an herbal treatment, weird smell, but my god that stuff works wonders. gave first dose last night around 9ish and by 7am this morning in my rush to work most of the spots had cleared up!!!! Going to continue the treatment with this stuff and pray for the best. Will be going to my lfs most likely after work today and getting the meds to mix with the food because i dont want them to have parasites and white stringy poop
You aren't going to like this but Ich Attack doesn't work wonders. People have mixed results on how effective it is but even Kordon states that it doesn't work on Ich while in the "white spot" phase. If the white spots are gone, it is because they are dropping off the fish to reproduce. The only stage Ich can be effectively treated is after it hatches and before it attaches to the fish.

Per their website.

"If the fish have white spot disease, also called Ich (Ichthiophthirius), the treatment will need to be made daily every day without omission until all of the "white spots” have hatched out and their young have been killed by the treatments. This may take weeks for all of the "white spots" to hatch out. While they are in the "white spot" stage on the fish, there is no known effective treatment. Only when the "white spots" hatch out and are in a brief free-swimming stage are they susceptible to treatment. "

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You aren't going to like this but Ich Attack doesn't work wonders. People have mixed results on how effective it is but even Kordon states that it doesn't work on Ich while in the "white spot" phase. If the white spots are gone, it is because they are dropping off the fish to reproduce. The only stage Ich can be effectively treated is after it hatches and before it attaches to the fish.

Per their website.

"If the fish have white spot disease, also called Ich (Ichthiophthirius), the treatment will need to be made daily every day without omission until all of the "white spots” have hatched out and their young have been killed by the treatments. This may take weeks for all of the "white spots" to hatch out. While they are in the "white spot" stage on the fish, there is no known effective treatment. Only when the "white spots" hatch out and are in a brief free-swimming stage are they susceptible to treatment. "

Yeah I read that as well. And I'm going to be dosing everyday faithfully. And for at least a week maybe more. Just need to get the stuff for their food next.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I read that as well. And I'm going to be dosing everyday faithfully. And for at least a week maybe more. Just need to get the stuff for their food next.
To give it the best chance of working you will need to treat it for a minimum of 14 days based on the lifecycle of marine Ich.

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still with white stringy poop. Can the ich do this or is it something else?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to take him out but failed and now the poop is gone and his lips are not white but they are still kinda swollen

OP
OP
X

xZxHadesxZx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a photo of this?

No, that is a symptom of internal parasites/intestinal worms.

IMG_0018.JPG

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top fish looks like it has brook or velvet but it could very well be the blurry shot. Can you provide a better pic?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just wanted to point out that this is referring to freshwater ich, not saltwater ich which is Cryptocaryon irritans, not Ichthiophthirius.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top fish looks like it has brook or velvet but it could very well be the blurry shot. Can you provide a better pic?

Me either. +1 to a better picture please

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back