Is there anywhere to even get a N.Wennerae anymore?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anywhere to even get a N.Wennerae anymore?

They have been pretty tough to find. I remember back in the day it was relatively easy. Anyone have any recommendations?

wer.jpg

TripFamAZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have any luck online maybe try asking in the Mantis Shrimp Facebook group sometimes people in there are breeders or have connections. That at least seems to be true for peacocks. Not sure about these cuties…

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t have any luck online maybe try asking in the Mantis Shrimp Facebook group sometimes people in there are breeders or have connections. That at least seems to be true for peacocks. Not sure about these cuties…
Thank you! Did not think of that. I love the niche groups on FB.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten cleaning packages from them twice and had them sub a mantis for other things, everything arrived alive and well!

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a money cowrie in the tank the mantis is going to go. Think they will be fine together? Or should I move it.

If its too big it'll get hurt, if its small enough it'll be food.

My headcount is the damsel is still alive nearly 8 months with my O. scyllarus, threw in 10 snails and 6 were gone in 2 days. There was a mexican turbo that survive about a month with her but I just got back from a weekend roadtrip and i don't see it anymore so I imagine she didn't wait for me.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some mantises don’t bother snails and some do ‍lol my platysoma hasn’t touched the two turbos in his tank luckily and they cleaned the glass up perfectly! I tried giving him an astrea and he just rolled it around in his claws and put it on a rock

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its too big it'll get hurt, if its small enough it'll be food.

My headcount is the damsel is still alive nearly 8 months with my O. scyllarus, threw in 10 snails and 6 were gone in 2 days. There was a mexican turbo that survive about a month with her but I just got back from a weekend roadtrip and i don't see it anymore so I imagine she didn't wait for me.
This is a N.Wennerae! Much different species and temperament. Plus they cowries and mantids come from the same area!

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it just came in this morning! I’m worried because the mantis has been belly up since it arrived and still in acclimation. Is that normal? Still
Moving and showing signs of life!
IMG_9928.jpeg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being in this hobby is tough sometimes. Ive waited a decade to get one of these. Took me a few months to find one. Was excited all night. I am currently watching Nassiarus snails start to cover the Mantis that is belly up, and still slightly alive
1f641.png

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back