OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and my return column with the rock may not be ready for the install date of 7-5 :( I realized I should have done something a little different with the rock so it's do over time. I'd rather be safe than sorry later. What I should have done was to use 1 inch or larger pvc pipe down the center and removed it after it hardened. By using the 3/4" (the actual return size and pipe) it would add weight and pressure to the bulk head. This is a major no-no. If I use a larger size pipe, remove, then replace it with the 3/4" there is no weight on the pipe or bulk heads and even has wiggle room. No loss though, except for time. I'll use this rock in the tank regardless :)

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1404441258855.jpg

Getting the stand all screwed together :)

uploadfromtaptalk1404441258855.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1404529970281.jpg

At a stopping point. The interior will get some kills on it tomorrow and the tank will be brought inside and placed on top. After that I will be working on an inverted shelf drawer that will be hidden and slide out on rollers. This will house additives, gac, gfo and more. The plumbing will also get roughed in and I'll be reseaming the inside bottom seam.

I know this is taking forever but I am a woman of many projects. Refinishing furniture for 2 bedrooms and such is going on as well. I have my daughter corner 45 in the works too.
uploadfromtaptalk1404530422477.jpg

This is the bed I just finished ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1404529970281.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404530422477.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1404689042917.jpg

The tank is inside and on its frame! Yayyyy! The rest of the skin and trim is next weekend. Meanwhile I'll be roughing out the plumbing and resealing the inside bottom. Man that's going to be tough! The top of the tank stands taller than me.... time to hunt down the ladders lol

uploadfromtaptalk1404689042917.jpg

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yay for you! that is a beautiful bed you made there! Did you just stencil it? You are right in that you are a woman with many projects! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decisions, decisions. .... ugh. Debating on resealing the bottom. It isn't leaking but I am paranoid. The tank hold water fine. Fresh water that is. Less pressure with fresh. Held it for 4 weeks and not a issue. But I AM SOOOOO PARANOID! My old 150 was a nightmare to say the least. The bottom silicone has a couple of spots where the edge was scraped off. Just the edge.

If I reaseal it we have to drop the tank to the floor ( and very heavy to lift back up now that our help is gone) because it has 6 bulkheads and one of us has to climb inside it to do the work. It's too tall to do it comfortably. ... So, should we chance it and leave it as is or reseal?

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackie just climb inside it while on the stand trust me you will weigh way less than the water, sand, and rock you are going to put inside it. I know from what you said that reselling it will give you piece of mind so just do it. You can use tape so you get a smooth line. Hit me up if you want to help!

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I decked the top of my stand with 3/4" plywood to make it more rigid. I cut holes wide enough to be able to tighten bulk heads. I also screwed the stand through the wall into studs. Also keep good track of all the water you put in your setup so you know exactly how to dose things in the future.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll need to reseal it for peace of mind. If you don't, it sounds like you will stress out about it. You don't want to worry about the tank over time. You want that energy toward keeping the tank in a healthy condition.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe, that is sooo nice of you to offer your help :D I may take you up on it lol! I am not as young or thin as I used to be and yeah, this has me really concerned :( I am in Inverness, it's a bit of a drive for you, I can help out with gas $ if you need it :)

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll need to reseal it for peace of mind. If you don't, it sounds like you will stress out about it. You don't want to worry about the tank over time. You want that energy toward keeping the tank in a healthy condition.

I agree, lol, I am already stressed!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't done much with the tank. Been so busy that by the time I have time to work on it I'm too tired :( Plus I am a major procrastinator when I seemingly hit road blocks or something I am dreading over. So I'm tired and dreading the bottom seal.... yep, that's my story, ugh...

My Durango and car hunting for my youngest has taken the life right outta me. The truck is a headache and cylinder 5 isn't firing so it's sitting. Then against my better judgment we bought a NICE bright red 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS for my 17 y/o. First thing she notices on the dash is the max speed of 210! So for a kid I've always trusted and never had to give a curfew, now has one lol. I need to sleep!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%

Back