Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DCS 6000 on my 75 running like a champ for 2 years, and a DCP 8000 that will go on my XL525 once operational.
Also use two cp-40's that despite people's issues, I have had running in pulse mode 24 hours a day for also ~14-15 months.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So just to fully understand this the generations go DC -> DCT -> DCS -> DCP ?

Is this correct. Can a couple people confirm. Thanks.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Herby’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a decent budget-friendly return pump for my 40 breeder. Must be quiet as the tank will be in my bedroom. I really only need about 300 GPH at 4 foot head but I like the adjustability factor.
I have run jeabo on my current tank for two years. I run two one to reach return just in case, but I have been very happy with mine. I like the newest version best, they are smaller. You can not beat them for the price. I have 4 and have only had one go out and it was over a year old. I can buy a new one every year for the price difference!

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Running an old used DC5000 and other than a slight whin at high speeds its pretty quiet and has been a great pump so far. I have just as good as manynother higher priced pumps that can also fail on you. If I was to buy a high priced DC pump it would be Reef Octopus.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DCP 8000, been running only 3 weeks, time will tell if I'll have problems. Like @Davenkim said, I can buy a new one every year and still cheaper than some pumps.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone comment on wave function in the DCQ pumps? Does it ramp all the way to zero and up to the maximum you set it as? Can you set how quickly it goes through the cycle?

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard about the dcq and fish street does not have those either,but when I was discussing the dcp series with them, I have received this message :

"order our dca6200 pump

it is the latest one pump

including all the dcp functions

when you change water you can press feed. mode for 10 30 50mins,it is enough time for you change the water

included it have extra functions, sensor alarm detectnif overflow or lack of water

www.fish-street.com

eric"

I have ordered the coral box dca - 6000 and it works externally now since Friday.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read was that the DCP has no copper components which they say makes it reef safe Now I don't know if prior models have copper components or not. I've ran the dcs return pump on my old system for over a year with no issues.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are not using copper winding, what do you suppose they are using?

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure they use copper at all, it was just a sales point they made in their description for the new pump. But if they did use copper they could use copper couplings.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard about the dcq and fish street does not have those either,but when I was discussing the dcp series with them, I have received this message :

"order our dca6200 pump

it is the latest one pump

including all the dcp functions

when you change water you can press feed. mode for 10 30 50mins,it is enough time for you change the water

included it have extra functions, sensor alarm detectnif overflow or lack of water

www.fish-street.com

eric"

I have ordered the coral box dca - 6000 and it works externally now since Friday.
Kinda like the overflow protection

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The motor protection is a nice feature and the new DCP also has that feature. The older pumps maybe copper free. They could be the same pump just repackaged to start a new series

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The motor protection is a nice feature and the new DCP also has that feature. The older pumps maybe copper free. They could be the same pump just repackaged to start a new series
With the float switch?

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There might be an internal sensor as well, but I don't want to test that. But there's a float switch also, like in. Ato systems.
Check the link :
http://coral-box.com/dca-pump.html

Currently this is the most advanced Chinese pump I could find. I took it apart to put silicone on the 8 cm diameter o-ring and everything seems to be solid.

If you do a quick jebao vs coral box pump there is a forum where someone mentioned that coral box better quality pumps. It's also slightly more expensive, but that was my choice.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very interesting, I'm guessing it hooks to an Apex and uses the Apex float switches as it's own water level indicator? I've used numerous jebao return pumps and they all worked very well for me.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back