Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is already supplied with a float switch and this should work without Apex as well. I have to check, I don't use the float switch, I'm using the pump externally.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha. I saw on the link you provided that the 4000 and up also came with the Apex cable to tie the pump into the Apex vdm

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 6000, but I don't remember an apex cable. This is all I have received (downloaded from. The product page).
724b58b04d69cb048ab4ab4638d34a22.jpg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i have both the dcp 20,000 pump. Actually 2 of them. There is no float switch. What happens is when it senses the propeller spinning freely it shuts down. That happens when the water level gets to low to provide resistance. Also iit is supposed to be able to run as an external pump. It has all the seals to do so but i have not attempted that. I also have the new 6500 dcq pump. It has a pulse setting so it speeds up and slows down in a pulsing fashion. I plan to use this pump on a closed loop with the random flow nozzles on my upcoming 550gallon build for flow and wave making.

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were talking about the coral box dca pump, which based on fish street shop comments is their top of the line pump compared to jebao. And it has a float switch. And it has the sensor as well. Please check the previous comments I have written.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is already supplied with a float switch and this should work without Apex as well. I have to check, I don't use the float switch, I'm using the pump externally.
In the link you provided it says that it's supposed to come with the Apex cable. Still these pumps with all that comes with them have come up in the world!

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i have both the dcp 20,000 pump. Actually 2 of them. There is no float switch. What happens is when it senses the propeller spinning freely it shuts down. That happens when the water level gets to low to provide resistance. Also iit is supposed to be able to run as an external pump. It has all the seals to do so but i have not attempted that. I also have the new 6500 dcq pump. It has a pulse setting so it speeds up and slows down in a pulsing fashion. I plan to use this pump on a closed loop with the random flow nozzles on my upcoming 550gallon build for flow and wave making.
That sensing switch for the jebao is what I read earlier I was getting the jebao and coral box confused

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone comment on wave function in the DCQ pumps? Does it ramp all the way to zero and up to the maximum you set it as? Can you set how quickly it goes through the cycle?
I have one and from what i have seen it ramps up to the preset level. The pulse is about a 10second ramp up and maybe 3-5 second pause. I think the higher the setting the longer the pulse length of time would be for the ramping up. I have it running mth holding tank now so i have it ath about 30% constant power.

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the manual, the sensing switch is inside the coral box as well. Plus the float switch.

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since yesterday we are talking about the dca pump. I know the dcp is jebao, I wanted to buy the dcp and fish street presented their latest pump, the dca. It has all the dcp functions + extra features. Check the fish street shop comments above.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since yesterday we are talking about the dca pump. I know the dcp is jebao, I wanted to buy the dcp and fish street presented their latest pump, the dca. It has all the dcp functions + extra features. Check the fish street shop comments above.
I see. This entire post was about the jeabo line and i was trying to answer questions about them from my experiences with them.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics i took of the controller for one of my unused dcp pumps vs the new dcq pump. 20190114_001557.jpg 20190114_001613.jpg

20190114_001622.jpg

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post was also created to help people understand the differences between the different jebao products and to help them decide which pump to get.
The coral box pump dimensions are the same as jebao, there might be a collaboration with them, I don't know.

But if I would search and investigate which pump to get, this thread would help me with the decision. The dca pump has the same characteristics as all the jebao pumps, so I believe it fits in this thread..... If not admins can delete it.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and from what i have seen it ramps up to the preset level. The pulse is about a 10second ramp up and maybe 3-5 second pause. I think the higher the setting the longer the pulse length of time would be for the ramping up. I have it running mth holding tank now so i have it ath about 30% constant power.

I appreciate your input. When you say 3-5 second pause do you mean pause with no flow or it pauses at maximum flow? No flow would be a real problem with creating a siphon.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your input. When you say 3-5 second pause do you mean pause with no flow or it pauses at maximum flow? No flow would be a real problem with creating a siphon.
Is is at both i dont think it was intended to be used as a main return pump on the wave setting . If using it in wave mode it is more of a dedicated wave pump that would be used on a closed loop or possibly plumbed before the return pump chamber though this could be an issue with the overflow box and noise i suppose. My plan is to run a dedicated drain pipe on the overflow box connected directly to the pump and the return plumbing ran through the rockwork hidden and have the vca random flow nozzles at multiple outlets. The 2 dcp20000 pumps will be the main returns. I have one powering my 180 gal display now.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post was also created to help people understand the differences between the different jebao products and to help them decide which pump to get.
The coral box pump dimensions are the same as jebao, there might be a collaboration with them, I don't know.

But if I would search and investigate which pump to get, this thread would help me with the decision. The dca pump has the same characteristics as all the jebao pumps, so I believe it fits in this thread..... If not admins can delete it.
I was not suggesting your post about a different manufacturers pump should be deleted, just pointing out the reason i said the things i posted, , and the bit of attitude in your post , caused me to point out the fact this thread was entirely about the jeaboline up to the point you started posting about another manufacturers product. While i did not follow the bouncing ball per say, the fact a volleyball ended up on a soccer field ad was mistakenly kicked is not the soccer players fault.

Tamas Ferencz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I apologize if I offended you, it just seemed you did not read the first post I was writing. I usually go through the unread posts, but that's just me
In short :
I planned to get jebao dcp and I was asking a lot of questions : then fish - street advised I should get the latest pump : the dca. There are posts about jebao dcp leaking externally, I wanted to use the pump externally, therefore I bought the dca. They say it is the only pump they have, which is 100 leak free externally, although I don't have experience with the other pumps.
I bought it, it works and I thought someone might find this info helpful when they are looking through the jebao line.
Jebao, not jebao, probably they are manufactured in the same plant anyway.
(By the way I have the coral box wifi doser as well and it's great so far, quality is very good)
So far I am happy with the pump, I'll report back after using it a couple of months.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back