OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my! It was only recently that I've been bitten by the reef tank bug. I've been doing a lot of reading and watching YouTube videos for the past few months and only now started writing down my plan. I really don't know a LPS from a GPS yet but your tank build has certainly given me great inspiration. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what's next.

Thank you very much and hope you can start your system soon.

I really don't know a LPS from a GPS

LOL

O my goodness very inspirational, following along.

Thank you very much and nice to have you along. :)

57buick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my steel stand I just used a forester bit to make a perfect size hole and epoxyed a rare earth magnet flush into the wood panel, no screws and it sits flush

magnet.jpg

metal.jpg

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my steel stand I just used a forester bit to make a perfect size hole and epoxyed a rare earth magnet flush into the wood panel, no screws and it sits flush

Thanks for sharing, I like your idea better, problem with mine is that the head of the screw doesn't allow the door to sit completely over the metal stand.

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol when I saw the kids on the stand it reminded me of my boys when they were that little man time flies. How did the glass Crack did you over tighten the bulk head fittings, anyways impressive setup great job.

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me you did not just brought glass panels and build the tank and everything else yourself from scratch!

And if you did. Sifu, please accept my most sincere bow of respect.

Master reefer level achieved!

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice indeed. I really like your apartment's interior design and style. Nice views from the aqua scape to the city scape beyond.

Thank you, when decorating the apartment I went somehow to a retro look using lots of fabrics, wood and aluminum, no leather around the apartment.

Here is a quick view from the balcony:

Very nice tank also gave me ideas how I'm going to do my build. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you and it's great to learn that my thread will help you come up with ideas, this is my main objective when sharing many pictures of the system.

Clean build love the woodwork

Thank you :)

Lol when I saw the kids on the stand it reminded me of my boys when they were that little man time flies. How did the glass Crack did you over tighten the bulk head fittings, anyways impressive setup great job.

Ohh and welcome to the club

Thank you, I really feel very welcome here, R2R Rules!

Time does fly quickly, the little ones are a full reflection of that.

With the glass, I was removing a pipe attached to the bulkhead and somehow pulled it too strong and the bulkhead broke the glass on the process, at that moment I just sat on a chair to admire my stupidity, :eek:, LOL.

Beautiful tank and build so far! Definitely following along!!

Thank you very much, nice to have you along.

Tell me you did not just brought glass panels and build the tank and everything else yourself from scratch!

And if you did. Sifu, please accept my most sincere bow of respect.

Master reefer level achieved!

Thank you for the kind words, the glass was built by a guy with over 15 years of experience building these, I'm brave but not that brave, lol. :)

following along for updates.

Thank you, and nice to have you along.

enzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sat on my chest with my in my stupidity eek LOL

Yes you're right that is LOL because I've been there and done that.

OP
OP
JPSika08

JPSika08

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job. Looking forward seeing the progress.

How many floors on the building?
Are earthquakes ever a concern?

The building has 19 floors total, I'm on the 15th.
Guatemala has indeed earthquakes, as of the moment small ones (Between 2 - 4.5 magnitude). It is my main concern what would happen with a big earthquake, though, on my floor the movement is not so hard, on the contrary it's a very soft side to side movement.

The other day a 4.5 magnitude earthquake started, I was studying the tank's movement, at the end, water moved as a if powerheads were producing waves.

This is another reason why I will be able to control the Profilux with my phone, in case of a quake, I can turn off the return pump to lower the DT's water level and lower the possibility of a big spill.

I just sat on my chest with my in my stupidity eek LOL

Yes you're right that is LOL because I've been there and done that.

A True reefer will always have these problems, lol.

Great looking set up, I will be following as I'm planning a smaller but similar set up!

Thank you, nice to have you along.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back