IMG_4290.png

aimed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Thanks for sharing

How was it to set up the machine?

Think the results are accurate for everything?
Everything seems relatively accurate. I think there’s a break in period so we’ll see. That was the first set for everything and it’s atleast close.
Setup is pretty easy, it is a ton of tubing . 7 reagent hoses, two sample and two waste hoses. They all have labels on both ends though to help with setup. They only include a quick start in the box but the app has the full manual and it’s pretty helpful. Setup didn’t go super smooth but I got past it. There was an error with priming the tubing, but restarting the app let it work, than skipping the tutorial after they primed. The app is pretty easy to use, and everything seems pretty intuitive. There’s a small faq too that would be helpful if you ever have issues with it. The unit I received isn’t in retail packaging just as a heads up, and they have released bug fixes for it every two weeks or so, so it should be solid when it’s publicly released.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything seems relatively accurate. I think there’s a break in period so we’ll see. That was the first set for everything and it’s atleast close.
Setup is pretty easy, it is a ton of tubing . 7 reagent hoses, two sample and two waste hoses. They all have labels on both ends though to help with setup. They only include a quick start in the box but the app has the full manual and it’s pretty helpful. Setup didn’t go super smooth but I got past it. There was an error with priming the tubing, but restarting the app let it work, than skipping the tutorial after they primed. The app is pretty easy to use, and everything seems pretty intuitive. There’s a small faq too that would be helpful if you ever have issues with it. The unit I received isn’t in retail packaging just as a heads up, and they have released bug fixes for it every two weeks or so, so it should be solid when it’s publicly released.
@aimed can waste go back into the tank? Or does it have to be dumped into a separate container?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please keep us posted

JaydenN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just shipped will have next week, excited to compare it to my Reefbot Lab.
Did you order directly from them? I am considering between this one and Reefbot lab.
Apparently, reefbot lab can test more than kamoer eg potasium and iondine but it cant communicate with dosing pumps.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ordered Direct, I have two Reefbot lab units running now will be interesting to compare them side by side.

aimed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great to hear.

Would you be open to sharing your current testing schedule? Curious what parameters you're testing and how frequently.
I’m test alk twice a day, calcium and mag once, and nitrate and phosphate twice a week Monday & Friday! I’ve had it running for 20 days, and it says I have 74 alk tests left, 123 calcium/ magnesium, and 30 nitrate and 83 phosphate. I think nitrate is so low because my nitrates are at the 100 mark using more reagent.

kiwiSWE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m test alk twice a day, calcium and mag once, and nitrate and phosphate twice a week Monday & Friday! I’ve had it running for 20 days, and it says I have 74 alk tests left, 123 calcium/ magnesium, and 30 nitrate and 83 phosphate. I think nitrate is so low because my nitrates are at the 100 mark using more reagent.

Is it loud? :)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ordered Direct, I have two Reefbot lab units running now will be interesting to compare them side by side.
I took my reefbot lab offline. The results were just not accurate or repeatable enough to be useful. So I am very interested in this.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, mine matches Hanna every time for parameters could have been the test kits/reagents you were using, did you use the stir cycles for reagents? it really makes a big difference in results.

API for calcium (high resolution test with reagent stirring done every day), Red sea for PO4, Tropic Marin PRO for NO3 (reagent stirring done every day), Red Sea for MG and Salifert for ALK have yielded the best results for me.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The $450 import duties sure take the shine off the excitement of recieving the unit.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back