Kamoer Reef Master SPA multiparameter

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my second unit today and it includes the awesome bottle rack!
IMG_9809.JPG
IMG_9810.JPG

Last edited:

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, when it is released to the US market, will retailers tack on the import duties to the price? Maybe there is some benefit buying direct now in case retailers raise the price?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, when it is released to the US market, will retailers tack on the import duties to the price? Maybe there is some benefit buying direct now in case retailers raise the price?
No Idea but I can't imagine there is a way to get around the import duties

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will be interesting in the long term how this will perform against reef factory , focustronic

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this looks awsome! i like how you dont need anything to run it!

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note that if you buy direct, you will not be able to get any support from US distributors. Typically US distributors wont support things that they haven't sold/made money off of.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note that if you buy direct, you will not be able to get any support from US distributors. Typically US distributors wont support things that they haven't sold/made money off of.
An excellent point. One of the reasons I’ve been waiting for it to come available through US sources

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard from the distro in SG that they will locked down the unit by region for the reef master .

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are offering great support right now FYI , it is smart to wait though I had heard its 6 months out from USA distribution and wanted to play right away ;)

BigMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owned a Kamore X1 Pro (May'23) it had a long rash of issues, which are well documented in R2R. It was a new product that was Wi-Fi capable and promoted as a step up from their Bluetooth version. If you query it you can see Kamore likely didn't want to deal with a problematic product anymore, as it's no longer sold/available. Also, go into the BRS site; Kamore's peristaltic pump reviews they don't inspire confidence. The SPA may turn out to be a fine product? But one should expect to go through growing pains with a new Kamore product introduction.

Kamore's primary business is for industrial applications and it appears they have a very little staff assigned to aquarium applications. It felt to me that the aquarium side is an extremely small revenue stream and the level of support Kamore is willing to dedicate in closing issues and providing firmware updates will be proportionate.

Last edited:

JaydenN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found out that it doesnt connect with the kamoer doser through wifi ( I have 2 x4 pro), have to have the doser with CAN port which make this is just stand alone testing machine instead of automated (unless getting the F4 pro).
This make me consider reefbot since I can get market reagent and not relied on kamoer stock reagent.

kiwiSWE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found out that it doesnt connect with the kamoer doser through wifi ( I have 2 x4 pro), have to have the doser with CAN port which make this is just stand alone testing machine instead of automated (unless getting the F4 pro).
This make me consider reefbot since I can get market reagent and not relied on kamoer stock reagent.

why just not sell them and buy so you have with can port?
I'd found an used DD P4 pro for like 100€ that have CAN..

And i actually prefer using wire then wireless, after a year with Reef factory dosingpumps and some problems with wifi etc I'd feel much more comfortable with wire

And I don't think that they ever had say anything about connect dosingpump via wifi to reef master or the kh carer

kiwiSWE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do not see much review on this item
It is not really released yet, just a few people here and there have It

But if you look back 2 or 3 pages you see some

It seems to work greate, I'm 99% sure that I will buy one as soon as they will be released in Europe

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not really released yet, just a few people here and there have It

But if you look back 2 or 3 pages you see some

It seems to work greate, I'm 99% sure that I will buy one as soon as they will be released in Europe
agreed . it is kinda of interesting that i do not have to rely on 3rd party vendor for the reagent as you cannot stop them when they change their recipe.

kiwiSWE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed . it is kinda of interesting that i do not have to rely on 3rd party vendor for the reagent as you cannot stop them when they change their recipe.
Exactly, I think it was fustronic that hade some problems when red sea changed something in their recipe but I can be totally wrong..

And if I understand it correct, every batch with regent will have an QR code that you scan with your phone so the reef master know what values it have on it, but I can't remember where I was reading that

Personally for me, it feels more safe that the people that build the tester and know how it works also manufacture the regents so it always can be controlled and deliver accurate readings

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.5%
Back