LE Tyree Captain America "Last Frag" Paly Growout!!!

epicenter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a email tonight saying that his tank was poisoned & every thing died,but not to worry because he spent all the money on high end frags that also died, but as soon as he could muster up extra cash that refund's would be on their way. Why am I not feeling all fuzzy about this. And why is some one else sending the emails to me & not pakora? Any one know this guy in real life & know where he lives?
\

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting.... no offense, but im glad i did not buy into this.... guy was pretty nasty to me in pm's at one time about these. how much money did he end up getting out of people?

cherokee_dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an email a little while back asking if I would vote for some frags being grown out in another members tank to avoid just this thing. I voted yay...

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a part of this buy and got the same email last night. I knew there was a chance that something might happen and I would lose my original ($55) investment. It was a chance I willingly took. But I have to say . . . something just doesn't feel right about it.

Robin

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was part of this also and I have to say I will never do this again. He used our money on March with FLricordia but we saw nor heard about any of these. I have a lot of the same zoas he purchased and must say he has the slowest growing system I've ever heard of. But we should have demanded monthly photos and updates - he hadn't posted since August. That is our fault but it's to bad trust is not an option in this hobby - yes I'm ticked I screwed up. To be honest I thought last month he sent the frag to someone else to grow out. What happened with that? I also thought he had fragged two of the polyps off - what happened to them?

We are all to blame for this for not demanding more he used our money months ago . . . he had plenty of time to build that reserve back up. Didn't he get one frag sold of the frags he purchased? Sorry but lesson learned for me and no I don't feel I'll ever see my money - that's the chance I took and I knew up front it was a chance. I just lost because I trusted someone I knew nothing about - I should have known better. People come and go in this hobby every month.

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he was gonna send them to me to grow them out, but never did. as far as getting the money back i guess we will just have to wait and see. i dont know if we can complain to paypal or not. it kind of isn't his fault the tank crashed though.

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he was gonna send them to me to grow them out, but never did. as far as getting the money back i guess we will just have to wait and see. i dont know if we can complain to paypal or not. it kind of isn't his fault the tank crashed though.

It really isn't the money I knew going in there was a chance I might loose the very small investment. I'm kind of mad at myself because I didn't follow through - I assumed he sent them. It was just kind of strange he wasn't and hasn't posted anything here. Why didn't he send them to you as he said he was going to do? If this happened to me I would had posted photos of "my crashed tank". We've had very little to go on here and he's had more then enough time to have the other corals grown out and sent to others. Like I said I took a chance and learned a lesson - we all were lucky it was a small investment. If we get our money back that's fine but I'll never do it again. I think posting photos would be a good thing - IMO.

ReefDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow good luck guys. i had a sketchy feeling about this grow out when i saw the amount of people that he let in.

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pakora lives in s. fla. He came over to my house a long time ago. actually about the time this started. seemed like a good guy. I don't have his phone number or anything. hopefully you guys either get your corals or your money back!

epicenter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sit here & listen to people blame their selves for trusting. What is wrong with trusting? I dont really care if it is $5.00, $50.00 or $500.00 a scam is a scam & all blame falls on the scammer. First off, I do not believe that someone poisoned his tank. I want to see the crashed tank. Second where did he send the other frags as he said he was going to. Does anybody know the paypal rules? Wont they freeze his account & use what is in it to pay back what he does not deliever? We all went into this together, now lets all finish it together & find a way to recoup our loss.Who knows the guy & where he can be located???

epicenter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said the tank was poisoned. That sounds a little fishy to me. Where does he keep his tank that somebody may poisen it???

sciknen

Merrimack Valley Hardcore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let this go goes.. Id take it up with paypal. Search him down via his email address. Its very easy to track people down these days with a computer.

Acezwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poison or no poison thats no ones problem he needs to deliver on his word or refund the money simple as that GL with this 1 guys this sounds like a lost case...

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received a notification from PayPal that $55 was deposited in my account. Thank you Hamza for keeping your word. I am sorry things didn't work out, regardless of the reason.

Robin

jerryc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thank I'm going to give him the benefit of little time to make good. Before i
get upset. He may will of lost his tank? but do thank he needs to post some pics.

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

I got an email from somebody about posts on reef2reef. Not a scammer just met with an unfortunate situation. I dont blame you guys for blasting me because I'd be super ticked if I had to wait all that time too only to hear some crap. If you guys want to call me and dish it out to me 954-292-6142. I WILL pay you all back every penny of YOUR money. I will be paying everyone back according to whom paid me first. As you can see its a lot of money. I have nothing to hide and im not here to lie to anybody. I could have kept my mouth shut and kept you guys going on but I told you asap because thats what I would want you to do to me. I can afford to refund only one person right now so reefrunner sending you a refund. If you guys want to blast me on the forums that is your choice but if you have questions just please email me or call me... Thank you and sorry again.

-Hamza

email that was sent to me

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a email tonight saying that his tank was poisoned & every thing died,but not to worry because he spent all the money on high end frags that also died, but as soon as he could muster up extra cash that refund's would be on their way. Why am I not feeling all fuzzy about this. And why is some one else sending the emails to me & not pakora? Any one know this guy in real life & know where he lives?
\

Isn't this the risk of a growout? If the coral dies, everyone is out of luck.

Does this mean that if there were a growout and Im responsible for the coral, if it dies(which does happen), I'd owe everyone their money back?

I thought the point of a growout is to buy in cheap but there's always the risk of not getting anything. Otherwise, pay full price and you don't have to deal w/ this happening...

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I got a email saying Im 5th on list to be paid back when I was first to pay lol nice you got paid though.
I just received a notification from PayPal that $55 was deposited in my account. Thank you Hamza for keeping your word. I am sorry things didn't work out, regardless of the reason.

Robin

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You lost 1000 of all the growout money in the market or what? You didn't pay $1000 for the polyp or polyps. You should pay all these kind people back right away, not on a waiting list!!!!!!!! No need to put them all on a payback list. PM me if you want to talk in private you .......

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back