Let’s discuss Jebao

BuckChoklit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running 1 in my 170 and another in my 250. I have had both running about a year so far with no issues. I have yet to clean them also

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5+ years now on the same set of 4 gyres by Jebao for the ONLY flow in my 300G SPS reef. No complaints. Also two return pumps and two feeder pumps by Jebao, again, no problems, never clean the pump (the gyres I do quarterly). I see no reason to buy the expensive models.

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my redsea 250 max tank with a jecod/Jebao dct4000 for a return pump and a dct 2000 for a recirculating pump. Both of those pumps have been good for 3 months so far. The 4000 return pump started making a small chirping noise when starting but it goes away, I think it might have to be cleaned. The 2000 pump has been solid so far. I have gone through 2 sw4s the last 2 years, the motors on the pumps just give out, it’s not the controllers since I have swapped them with working ones. I am not buying sw series after that, they work for a year and then give up for me and I have cleaned them every month. Hopefully the dct pumps last longer.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Jebao fairy just visited my house AGAIN today!

20231011_172050.jpg

I'm a believer! :D

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Jebao powerheads. Been going strong for over two years now. My AutoAqua Smart ATO failed not too long ago and I replaced it with a Jebao ATO. It’s been running flawlessly so far knock on wood.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Jebao fairy just visited my house AGAIN today!

20231011_172050.jpg

I'm a believer! :D

I guess I should elaborate... I run nothing but Jebao pumps for return pumps, and this box is the last box I was waiting for, so I can be 100% Jebao on the wavemakers and gyres as well.

I've replaced Neros and MP10s with Jebao. I've replaced MightyJet return pumps with Jebao. Some of these pumps I've been running for YEARS now. I'm pretty impressed with the latest version of the app, and the wifi on the MLW/ELW/ECP/MDP/EP pumps has been super solid for me.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used Vectra S1 I am planning on selling and getting two Jebao pumps for the return instead. Their return pumps are solidly built and silent.

Lol I did this same thing. Sold all eco tech pumps for Jebao, they are quieter and stronger.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should elaborate... I run nothing but Jebao pumps for return pumps, and this box is the last box I was waiting for, so I can be 100% Jebao on the wavemakers and gyres as well.

I've replaced Neros and MP10s with Jebao. I've replaced MightyJet return pumps with Jebao. Some of these pumps I've been running for YEARS now. I'm pretty impressed with the latest version of the app, and the wifi on the MLW/ELW/ECP/MDP/EP pumps has been super solid for me.
The latest version of the app is pretty dope.

My only gripe is the notifications not pushing. I had a bunch of starfish jam a small powerhead yesterday, and it didn't tell me outside of the app. But it's pretty dang good, and the old one didn't do that correctly either.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I did this same thing. Sold all eco tech pumps for Jebao, they are quieter and stronger.
This blew my mind when I first found out that a vortech is louder than my cheap butt jebaos.

The 160 is also stronger than the MP40 which made me wonder what the heck is with the price. I seriously cannot imagine sacrificing being able to angle. I get the cords, thats kind of nice, but also, i cannot imagine having them on the putside on a magnetic hold, there cannot be that many people using them with todlers in the house. But at least if they fall off in the tank they won't be spinning, unlike my jebaos which would destroy my tank if the kids ever ripped the magnet off. At least they don't have the leverage of a cord to pull.

I don't mean to dog on the high end stuff that much, but I don't think I will ever switch from jebao now.

Edit: if I had a ton of money to throw away, I probably would switch, but until we have a few hundred K in the bank, which will probably never happen, I'm jebao for life. And the switch would be purely out of having cool stuff and probably not for utility.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a US thing, we have several options for pumps here. Overseas, you see lots of people using Jeboa. All pumps can fail, its just a fact of life.
On that note, I've gotta say. I have a ton of backups for my pumps, I'd never be able to afford that if it wasn't for the fact that I can buy one essentially on a whim.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Return Pumps I use Simplicity, for my two Aquariums I have Two 1000 and Three 1600. Very pleased with them, when I called their Rep. someone actually picked up the phone, spoke English. Best Warranty via Internet Post. They are extremely easy to clean. I really like my Jebao SCP-70, Sine Cross Wave, it has a Night Setting that has a light sensor, to drop flow to 10% at night.

flozfzx1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So…it’s been a few minutes since the great Jebao debate has raged on here based on google and I’m trying to talk myself into (out of?) using a Jebao pump for my return.

I really want an Internal pump. With 10-15’ of head height, this limits my options. So…I picked up the Jebao MDP-20000 the other day. I have a very healthy budget but $2200 for a Abyzz return isn’t happening- especially since I always buy 2 of everything. Build quality looks on par or slightly above the Vectra. It’s dead silent and while I can’t test it in real life applications yet, it threw water out of a bucket like it’s life depended on it. It also runs at 180w max vs 300w for its AC reeflo counterpart.

I am not blind to the issues with Jebao…or COR pumps, or Vectra’s, or Reeflo’s (The hammerhead gold hybrid I’d need is 2x the cost and nearly 2x the watts) However, the bad to good review ratio (except for the COR) seem to be about the same across the board for all these pumps. For every “It’s been running for 5 years and I shout slightly offensive things at it daily” there’s a “24 hours in it knocked up my wife and stole my wallet.”

I think we’re past the “didn’t you read the article about the guy’s controller that exploded and killed his dog stuff.” Let’s discuss reliability beyond the “I just don’t trust them because I heard…” actual reliability in real life.

Keeping in mind 90% of reefing equipment is made, or has some components made, in China, is it time to look at the pro’s and con’s of these pumps without the bias against where they come from? I’m not saying it isn’t founded for sooo many items, I’m just wondering if the reviews and experience actually sync with the general sentiment.
I have a jebao pump on my 30 gallon i run it at 20%. Jebao are great all my equip is jebao wifi.

Zeeter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to me that the complaints about Jebao pumps is that they fail because they're cheap. Meanwhile, the same rate of failure for more expensive pumps is caused by there's bound to be a bad egg in the bunch.

My entire setup is changing to Jebao just so that I can run all pumps off of the app.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much ran my tank on a bunch of Jebaos...

Their controllers were junk and would often short...

When I switched to having everything controlled by my APEX that issue went away and had 0 failures.

Think I had two large return pumps and six powerheads.

Also probably had some smaller aux pumps doing other things in the sump, as well as powerheads / pumps on frag tanks.

Back